𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 10: 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞

《 ੈ✩‧₊˚ ˊˎ- 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕  》

Sleep had overcome my senses easily last night. After exposing a bit of my internal wounds, the will to sleep off the emotional weight I had shed had become unbearable. I have no idea when San had managed to fall asleep, or even if he had to begin with, but his presence within the room had brought a specific comfort that radiated from within. A fondness, one new to nurture and with growing intrigue settled in my core, pulling my mind from its quiet stupor, wondering when my heart had been led astray.

The sounds of the morning had been lost to my numb desire to continue my dead-like sleep, curled up with the duvet, seeking warmth in the cold, air-conditioned environment I had yet to grow used to. San's body heat had always helped out significantly, but the fear of actually trying to share the space radiated from within. Even if I had teased and accidentally fallen asleep atop of him the day before, the intentions hadn't been intimate by any means. For it to end up the way it had, completely left me shocked and vaguely disoriented.

My nightmares had subsided nearly years ago, which had always been an issue in my past since my parent's untimely passing. Minho helped me work through them, and with time over the years, I slowly began sleeping through the night again. But, for that nightmare to come back so strongly and so vividly, struck a chord of nerves within. It was my vulnerability, a thing I didn't want to admit to, something that showed every weakness that I bore.

I knew that a traumatic event like that would surely convey any normal person's mind into a state similar to mine, but that didn't prevent the guilt and despair from settling in my bones, weighing down every step with a dreadful reminder of my present, refusing to unlink from my past.

This bout of sleep, for some unknown reason, had been mildly peaceful. Caught up in no dreamscape, at least ones that I hadn't remembered, caused my body to fall into a deeper limbo that previously thought. It felt as if the world around me could be exploding, but I'd remain cold and dead to the world, lost in the trance I had fallen into.

But, just as I had dreaded, I was pulled away from my haze, forced back into the miserable reality of imprisonment by a subtle squeeze on my exposed arm.

San had been standing before me, my vision slightly blurred, mind not completely awake to register the sight ahead of me.

"I'm going to work out; you need anything?" His voice had been so gentle, so soothing, invoking a calmness to return over my tired body. I felt unable to coherently respond, so I simply shook my head, giving him a groggy thumbs up as I laid my head back down, trying to pull myself back into a state of peace.

As soon as my eyes closed, the faint shuffling of footsteps, following my a locking noise drifted away from my inebriated mind, brain momentarily shutting off once more as I stumble into the cusp of sleep again.