𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 19: 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

《 ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- 𝐒𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕  》

As dawn crept through the barred windows, casting long shadows across the room, I was roused from a restless sleep by the realization that Wooyoung was not beside me. The empty space in the bed was a stark contrast to the warmth we shared just hours before. He was standing near the door, his posture rigid, enveloped in thoughts that seemed to weigh heavily on him. The tension in his shoulders was unmistakable.

Sitting up, I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, trying to shake off the grogginess. Our eyes met for a brief moment, a silent exchange in the dim light.

"Going somewhere?" My voice was thick with sleep, but the concern was clear as I sat on the edge of the bed, trying to gauge his mood.

"Visitation, remember? I'm expecting someone." His reply was quick, his eyes briefly meeting mine before darting away—a clear sign of his inner conflict.

The realization that Wooyoung was preparing for a visitation caught me off guard. His tense posture and the fleeting eye contact spoke volumes of the inner turmoil he was experiencing. The mystery surrounding his visitor added another layer of complexity to our already tangled circumstances.

"Who's coming?" The question was out before I could consider it further, my curiosity sparked by his evasive gaze.

"Oh, just a friend. You don't know him." The reassurance in his smile was slight, but it was there—a small comfort amidst the uncertainty.

My curiosity swirled around who this friend might be—was it the same person who had messaged him? The imbalance of openness between us left a hollow feeling; my willingness to share contrasted sharply with his guarded silence, hinting at a trust yet to be fully formed. That realization stung more than I cared to admit.

Pushing these swirling thoughts aside, the sound of footsteps approached, signaling the impending visitation. I turned to Wooyoung, letting my affection shine through, despite the lingering questions.

"I'll miss you," I whispered, a playful affection in my tone, aiming to lighten the mood.

He rolled his eyes but I caught the deep breath he took, perhaps bracing himself against the emotional weight of the moment.

"Is that where I tell you not to miss me too much?" he mused, a soft, gentle smile breaking the tension, his voice laced with affection.

"It could be," I shrugged, a mischievous grin on my face. "Or you could kiss me before the guard comes. Your choice."

"Mm," he hummed, a quiet giggle coloring his tone, the sound a rare glimpse into his lighter side. "I like the second option."