Hakki 4: For The Luv of Food

It was quiet about an hour later. So Saraki kind of tries to check and see if she has finally left.

He opens the door a crack, feeling so conflicted. She really looked like she lost her marbles. She was throwing a tantrum so much you can just see that she did not grow up contemplating the royal way of life here in Yerogoi. And although marrying young isn't a mandatory aim, it is still a requirement for a girl that is much valued by her family. It is an honor and a privilege.

This girl clearly thinks it's abuse! And as someone who loves the freedom that is found in other countries, he finds her tantrum a bit justified. Perhaps no one prepared her for this moment.

But still, he wondered if she misbehaved and marrying her off was best. To be honest, if she was a good girl, he did not think that marrying her to him would be considered great. They would have married her to Ya Hardo...

Anyways, he cracks the door open and peers outside to see if she was gone. It would make him feel more comfortable. He did not like knowing there is someone outside his door. Even if he couldn't see them, he felt like his privacy has been violated. He was no longer alone...

And it's like she felt the exact time he opened the door. So she stood there waiting to see it open so she could face him off.

Except, she wasn't shouting this time and even though she wanted to, she is hit with the realization that he has the most crazy molten green eyes and crap! He has the most lethal stare. Those eyes that showed their color even in a dim place like this, has a capacity to chastise and intimidate without seeming like he was trying too hard. He has the most beautiful eyes she has ever seen. But he seems mighty cold and dispassionate. And you know, she has to beleive that when something feels so arresting, it must be psychologically related. And perhaps it lends credence to the fact that it wasn't just the eyes, it was the way he looks at her, so serious, so reprimanding. He is daring her to speak. As if he was prepared for her childish tantrums this time. And it would not be pretty. She felt...scared! Yes, believe it!

You know African societies have cultural free passes when it comes to beating and stuff right? Amatu has accepted this fact s7nce she was young. And although, her Bappa doesnt beat his children, intimidation tactics are on piint! Even Ya Taj gets carried away sometimes and she didnt believe anyone would be different.

Clearly, comparing him with Ya Taj makes her wonder if he were the type to lay a finger to a girl. The way she sees it, there is no one in the house that could protect her. Clearly, she has to step back a bit and think through her tantrum.

And while she was trying to rise above the sheer weight of his gaze, he slams the door on her face. The sound of the door clicking into place is like a splash of cold water on her slumbering self.

Amatu could not beleive that she just let him close the door on her face! That was a perfect opportunity to get inside the room! Like, this house is huge! It is also made to resemble some haunted two hundred year old mansion and she was spooked! She could swear that the darkness moved and she was straining to hear voices. Yep! She is now fully alert and she couldn't beleive that she blew up the opportunity!

Of course she started banging on the door again. Yet he wouldn't acknowledge her. And when she stops, the quiet makes her start shouting again. He wouldn't acknowledge her!

Amatu rethought her strategy again and decides to change the tactic.

'I won't shout again if you open up. Please I am scared!'She keeps on begging but he wouldn't open up.

Heartless...wicked...monster like his old house...! She keeps muttering to herself.

It was three hours after she stopped shouting and it is already around morning. He opens the door again and there she was, hugging herself as she slept in the most uncomfortable position ever.