Part 21: I'm kinda sick of this school

Kit walked down the hall toward the Gryffindor common room, she tried to stay out of there as much as possible, but she had agreed along with Thalia, to help Hermione with potions homework. Yes, I know what you're probably thinking, Hermione doesn't need any help with any subject. Well, Hermione had come and asked for their help, seeing as they were getting better grades than she was. 

Kit entered through the portrait of the fat lady, joined Hermione and Thalia on the couches by the fire and pulled out her textbook. They went over the basics and then finished up the homework that had been set. 

"I think we should discuss the cultural significance of love potions," Kit suggested her voice firm. "Many societies have used them in rituals and ceremonies."

Thalia nodded in agreement, Hermione moved her quill swiftly across the parchment. "Yes, and we should also touch on the ethical implications. Using magic to manipulate someone's feelings raises serious questions about consent."

Their conversation flowed as they discussed different aspects of love potions, from their historical uses to the potential dangers they posed. Thalia referenced ancient texts and myths, while Kit drew on her potion-making knowledge to explain various ingredients' magical properties. Hermione listened intently, her hand flying across the paper. 

About half an hour into their studies Dean and Seamus entered through the portrait hole talking loudly. Kit's attention was drawn away from Thalia and Hermione and she listened to Dean and Seamus.

"And then he was like, my father will hear about this, and I just said to him 'Mate you're full of yourself, your father's a death eater' and then it gets even better, he goes, 'I can't believe I'm stuck in this hell hole with peo-," Kit stopped listening. The world around her blurred, her head pounded and she felt herself losing control of her own body.

Don't think about it, don't think about it, don't think about it. 

Too late. 

She was back in Tartarus, freefalling through the sulphuric red clouds, plummeting at 100 miles an hour toward her doom. 

*****

Then she was trudging beside the Phlegethon, the heat forming blisters along her skin. Annabeth along with the medical training she had had kept her alive. The fire water made her stomach uneasy, but it had kept her alive. She had to be going crazy, drink fire to stay alive, walk through hell to try to find your brother and your best friend, and not get killed by the crazed monsters that lurked around every corner. Yep, Kit was slowly losing her marbles. 

*****

Next she was standing back to back with Percy and Annabeth as the demon grandmothers launched toward them. Stab, pain erupted along her shoulder, slash, her eyebrow started twitching, stab, pain flared in her stomach. Slash, stab, dodge, stab, run. Each time she killed an aurai another curse was brought down on her, until she felt the acidic poison enter her blood making her drop to her knees. Percy dropped next to her, if she had to guess, they were suffering from gorgon's blood poisoning. 

*****

The useless feeling as she hung limp in the chains that bound her. Unable to move. The water that healed her was dumbed over her head each day. The sickening smell of burning flesh as she was branded. Blood, screams, tears. But no matter what they did, she didn't say anything.

*****

Then she was facing Akhlys, power flooding through every inch of her body, the urge to kill her right then and there and if not for Annabeth, she would have,

*****

Freefalling through the pitch black toward the House of Night

*****

Monsters

*****

Tartarus 

*****

The sick feeling as the blade sliced into her body, warm blood oozing out the wound, her clothes staining a deep red colour. 

*****

The numbness that she felt when her leg was snapped. 

*****

Perce grunting as he shielded her from another blow. 

*****

"Kit!"

The elevator doors shutting, the awful music, the sound of her own ragged breathing as they ascended from hell. Her vision blurred as she slowly lost it. Hearing Leo shout her name but seemingly too distant to reach. 

"Kit!"

*****

Waking up in the Argo 2. 

*****

Leo coming in handing her a pair of crutches so that she could finally get out onto the deck. 

*****

The griffin

*****

Nightmares

*****

"Kit!" 

Blood

*****

"It's over, you're not there anymore," 

The harsh clang of metal echoing across the plains of camp half-blood

*****

"Hey, it's ok, Kit, come on, you're not there," 

Kit knew that voice, the voice of the person she loved, Connor. 

Slowly the vision around her faded and she could feel a tight grip on her arm. Carefully she opened her eyes to find herself in the demigod common room surrounded by Thalia, Connor, Percy, Annabeth, Will, and Hermione. Wait, Hermione? Maybe she was still out of it. Probably. 

"Hey Kit, you ok?" Will asked from her left. 

"Yeah, just... give me a sec," she muttered trying to zone into the real world. 

Connor handed her a piece of chocolate which she immediately accepted. The warmth of the chocolate immediately made her feel better and she accepted Percy and Connor's hands that pulled her up into a sitting position. 

"What is.." She nodded in the direction of Hermione. 

"Don't worry, she just helped bring you here," Thalia said, sitting beside her. 

Kit nodded and thanked Hermione who left shortly after. Kit really hated school, especially this one. She wanted nothing more than to go home, see her mom and Paul, be at camp half-blood and train the campers, and see Chiron, heck she even missed Mr D. She just missed being where she belonged. She was really starting to get sick of these Brits and their weird slang that made no sense. Almost halfway there, she couldn't wait to go home and marry Connor, see her family, and be with the people she loved. To move to New Rome and study Marine Biology, spending weekends at the beach surfing with Piper and Percy. They'd tried to teach Connor but he had decided that it wasn't for him. She lay her head on Connor's shoulder and listened to her friends talk. Will, would ask her questions every once and a while to check on her. Percy sat on her other side, and occasionally whispered jokes in her ear, making her laugh. The thought of having to go to class the next day weighed down on everyone dampening the mood slightly, none of them liked school anyway, well except for Annabeth, but this school was just awful, and Kit was really starting to get sick of this school.