Flashback

The summer holidays are going on, the sun is at it's peak. Seven year old Lily and ten year old Daniel are enjoying the time in the small swimming pool, Lily floating through her air tube and Daniel swimming around her, splashing the water on each other, giggling.

After some more splashes, Lily said, "Danny, the water is getting warm now".
"Yeah, you are right, should we go back inside?" Daniel asked Lily.
"Yes! let's go. Danny, my grandma made so many colourful popsicles." Lily said stretching the words 'so', as Daniel help her out of the pool.
"Really, are they tasty?" Daniel ask Lily once again.
"Of course, if grandma made it then it's going to be super tasty." Lily said excitedly.

They both came inside the house and grandma gave Daniel his bag which he packed by himself, before coming here, with his clothes. Grandma helped Lily, changing her clothes as Daniel also came out of the bathroom now in his dry clothes.

"Kids, which colour do you want?", grandma asks from the kitchen as both sweethearts are sitting in front of the TV, watching cartoons.
Both told their wanted colours as grandma brought a yellow one, handing it to Daniel and a pink one to Lily as she also brought an orange one for herself.

"Ma, where is pa?", Lily asked her grandma, about her grandpa.
"Oh, he had to go to the shop as someone urgently needed some flowers, he'll be back soon, honey.", grandma says while caressing Lily's hair.

Around evening lily's grandpa came from their flower shop, as he reached the house he saw a truck standing in front of his neighbour's house, which is Daniel's house. He also saw some men in uniform with boxes in their hands, it looked like they were putting those boxes in the truck. Grandpa enters the house and sees Daniel and Lily sitting on the sofa with grandma, so he asks Daniel, "Daniel are you shifting to somewhere else, son?"
Hearing grandpa everyone caught off-guard.
"Huh!?", little Daniel asked, confused.
"Yeah, I saw the truck outside your home, kiddo. Where's you shifting to?", grandpa said as he removes his shoes and sat on the couch.

Hearing grandpa's words, Daniel felt betrayed, as yesterday he heard his parents talking about shifting and when he asked them, they just said that it's nothing and why would they shift and not tell him about it. He is feeling so betrayed right now. He stood up and wore his shoes and left for his mother, as he wanted to confront her and ask her why this was all happening.

When he reached his home, he searched for his mom and found her on the terrace.
"Mom, what is this all happening? Where are we going? And why didn't you tell me?", he asks.
His mom sighed and faced her son.
She said, "Your dad has some issues in the company, so we have to permanently move from here.", she reason it like it was nothing.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier, mom?", he felt like crying, but he couldn't.
"Daniel, how many times have I told you, to not interfere in grown up matters. Now go and eat something, we are going to leave till 8:00 p.m., our flight is at 8:30.", she said and left from there, leaving him thinking that what did he said wrong.

Till the time of Daniel leaving his house, Lily ran to him and hugged him sobbing, sniffing, crying her eyes out, as her best friend whom she grew up with, is now living her for forever.

It's heartbreaking for you to think about leaving someone who taught you to ride a bicycle, who protected you from bullies, helped you in your homework, played with you when you were alone. It's heartbreaking for everyone to think about it.

Neither did she want to leave him, nor he wanted to leave her. They both were each others only friend.

Daniel removed the necklace from his neck, which he got on his birthday and gave it to Lily, saying, "It's okay, don't cry Lily, we'll meet again and play again together..." it felt like, he was assuring himself as he was crying too.

"Daniel, let's go we have to reach on time." his mum came and fake smiled towards Lily's grandparents.
"Thank you for taking care of my son." she said and sat in the car with her son.

As the car started, Lily looked towards it, still sobbing, from her grandpa's arms and Daniel also looked back from the glass, as the car accelerated.

This was the time, when two hearts broke and got apart in such a young age.
After that day they never thought about seeing each other ever again, as it's barely possible for two kids. But we don't know the future, no one do, except the author.

Hey lovelies,
it's my first story, yup my first time writing on Wattpad. It'll sound funny but I had no idea, what the is going to be about. I just sat and thought about it, on a Sunday morning still having no proper plot, my mind is glitching lol.

As it reads that no one knows the future except the author, well that's not true though. You guys can also share your ideas or something you wanna read about and if the plot fits with the story, then we can share it with everyone through our story.

Btw, stay hydrated guys <3