Chapter 8

The invitation to the talk show had been issued weeks ago, and now it was finally time, with Raven sitting in the waiting room, waiting for the production team to call him. The anticipation had been building during the wait, and Raven's mind was buzzing with questions about what would be asked and how the audience would receive him.

He tried to stay calm by taking deep breaths, but the wait was grueling.

Raven was lost in his thoughts when the door to the waiting room suddenly swung open, startling him. He was immediately on alert, unsure of who or what was on the other side of the door, but the moment he saw Hunt, a sense of relief washed over him.

When Hunt saw the look of worry on Raven's face, he quickly asked, "Are you alright? Is something wrong?"

Raven shook his head, "I'm nervous. Marami bang tao sa labas?"

Hunt almost wanted to lie seeing him so fidgety, but he chose not to. "Despite the heavy rain outside, I'm afraid there is."

"Fuck..."

He put a hand on Raven's shoulder, trying to reassure him. "You'll be okay, Cub. Just do it naturally as much as possible. You'll do fine."

Raven looked at the mirror in front of him and sighed. He had his hair styled to perfection, making sure it was neat, with not a strand out of place, and he was dressed in a suit that made him feel sophisticated and mature.

Seeing himself on the big mirror, Raven knew that he looked sharp and ready, so he shouldn't feel too nervous about it.

But he just couldn't help it.

Bumaling ito kay Hunt. "Will you be there?"

"Of course." Mabilis nitong sagot. "I'll be there somewhere close to you, so don't worry too much."

Raven nodded, the tension slowly leaving his body.

After what seemed like forever, the door to the waiting room opened, and he saw the production team walking towards him.

The host smiled at him and said, "Raven, it's time. Are you ready?"

Raven took a deep breath and turned to look at Hunt, as if seeking for guidance. Nang tumango ang lalaki ay ngumiti ito sa host at sinabing handa na siya.

They all left the waiting room and Raven could hear his heartbeat as he step closer to the stage, eyes watching his feet tracing the way.

"Eyes up, Cub." Hunt whispered beside him. "Held your head high and keep yourself together. The eyes of the world are on you now, so don't let them see anything but confidence."

Raven felt his heart quicken as he listened to Hunt's words. The fact that Hunt said the words with such seriousness and determination made Raven feel more focused. He took a deep breath, trying to steady his nerves and be ready for whatever questions the host might throw his way.

Napakuyom ito ng kamao at nag-angat ng tingin kay Hunt. "Thanks, Soldier."

"Anytime."

Raven stood at the edge of the set, waiting for his name to be called and as he heard the host's voice echo throughout the room, he stepped forward, feeling the weight of everyone's eyes on him.

With each step, he felt his heart beat faster, but he refused to let the nerves get the best of him.

After all, he had Hunt standing close to him, just a few meters away from the set.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Raven!" The host's voice boomed throughout the room, signaling Raven's arrival on stage. He smiled as the audience applauded, feeling the adrenaline rush through his veins.