CHAPTER 10 - MILES APART

-TIME SKIPPED-

Mina's room in the girls' apartment appears clean and empty now, devoid of the usual clutter and personal belongings. With Chaeyoung's help earlier in the morning, Mina has packed her things, preparing to move out.

"Babe, we're going to be late for your flight. Let's go," Chaeyoung's voice breaks through Mina's contemplation.

Despite his own sadness at seeing Mina leave for Japan today, he remains composed, not wanting to add to her sorrow.

"Okay," Mina responds casually, falling into step beside Chaeyoung as they exit the room, joining the others who have already gathered in the living room.

"Let's go, guys," Chaeyoung takes charge, picking up Mina's luggage and slinging her bag over his shoulder.

"Babe, I can carry it myself," Mina protests softly, her voice tinged with sadness as she tries to stop Chaeyoung from taking her bag.

"Nah, let me do it for you," Chaeyoung insists gently, smiling down at her.

"But who will hold my hand?" Mina pouts, extending her hand for Chaeyoung to take.

"Give me that, Chaeng," Tzuyu interrupts, grabbing the carrier from Chaeyoung's hand and heading towards the front door.

With his hands now free, Chaeyoung intertwines his fingers with Mina's. "Happy now, baby?" he asks softly, seeing the smile light up her face like a cute puppy.

Throughout the drive to the airport, Mina finds herself unable to part from Chaeyoung's side. Even as he concentrates on driving on the road, she leans her head on his shoulder, unwilling to be separated from him by even an inch.

In the back seats, Tzuyu and Jihyo observe the couple with amusement. They're captivated by the tender way Chaeyoung cares for Mina, and decide to tease them by snapping a picture and posting it in their group chats.

 They're captivated by the tender way Chaeyoung cares for Mina, and decide to tease them by snapping a picture and posting it in their group chats

As they arrive at the airport, they all gather around, settling into one of the cafes at the airport while waiting for Mina's flight

As they arrive at the airport, they all gather around, settling into one of the cafes at the airport while waiting for Mina's flight. Mina leans her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder, their hands intertwined.