CHAPTER 43 - ROLLER COASTER

Mina is stunned for a moment, her gaze fixated solely on Chaeyoung, who is now tenderly smiling at her.

"I once promised you that I would always wait for you here, Chaeyoung. For five years, I've been waiting for you to come back to me, and it breaks me that when you finally returned, you had already forgotten everything about me, our love, and the promises you made to me. I may have loving someone else, but I can't love them the way I've loved you. You hurt me deeply, and yes, you've caused me terrible pain. I hate myself for always forgiving you. I don't understand why I keep forgiving you and yearning for you, but now, I have the answer, right in your eyes.

I forgive you because you love me purely. You've always had this effect on me that prevents me from hating you. You don't just love me but you make me feel like I meant the world for you. You always acknowledge and mend your mistakes, no matter how small or silly they may seem but you never took it easy. You constantly reassure me of how big is your love for me, a love that no one else can ever match.

I know I lied to you, but I also lied to myself when I thought I could be okay without you. I know you caused me pain, but I hurt myself too the moment I lost you again. It's strange how your love can both cause me pain and heal my wounds at the same time, huh? But one thing is certain, your presence always brings me love and sense of longing more than any pain I've ever felt. I'd rather die now than lose you again. Both I and Hoonie still need you...I still need you in my life, Son Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung finally feels like he's breathing again after Mina's confession. He regains his composure, gently taking both of Mina's hands and tenderly kissing them.

"I love you, Mina-yaa. I've always loved you. No words can describe how my love for you weakens me over and over again. I won't ever leave you again. Once was enough for me, I don't want either of us to fall apart anymore. I'll hold you tight in my arms forever," his voice tinged with genuine sincerity.

Mina smiles at Chaeyoung's confession. "After everything, I'm still the only one who can make you look like an idiot. How can I stop loving you, Chaeyoung-aa when...."

"No, please don't stop loving me. Please, Mina-yaa. Hate me if you want, no, I mean punish me if you want, but don't hate me," Chaeyoung cuts Mina off, his eyes glassy with tears again.

Mina chuckles. "This is what I mean when I say you're such an idiot for me. I won't stop loving you, Chaeyoung-aa. But yes, I'll punish you. Your punishment is that you can never leave me and Hoonie again, otherwise, you'll never be able to come back to us and see us on this earth anymore," Mina manages to suppress her laughter at her own remarks.

Chaeyoung shakes his head, panicked. "Trust me, at this point, only death can separate us, Mina-yaa. I'm not sweet-talking right now, but I really don't want to be away from you two. I love you so much. I love both you and Hoonie."

Mina nods, tears streaming down her cheeks, but these tears are happy ones for both of them. "I love you more than you can imagine, Chaeng. I love both you and our son."

"I love you too, Daddy and Mommy," Hoonie's small voice suddenly echoes in the air.

Mina and Chaeyoung abruptly turn their eyes to Hoonie, who is now standing at the living room entrance with Sana, Tzuyu, and Haewon. They notice all eyes and lips are gleaming, smiling at them.

"Come here, Hoonie-yaa," Chaeyoung opens his arms wide, prompting Hoonie to start running towards him.

In a swift motion, Hoonie and Mina both envelop themselves in Chaeyoung's embrace. Chaeyoung kisses Mina's crown before turning to kiss his son's cheeks. Their happy sobs and chuckles emanate, surrounding them.