5.1 𝒁𝒆𝒑𝒉𝒚𝒓𝒂'𝒔 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎

Once again those freezing and piercing blue eyes stared at her, knowing all her secrets.

And she was standing there again, in front of the mirror, with muffled sounds of birds singing and bugs flying in a blurred background.

The mirror seemed to appear in the middle of the woods, out of the blue, like it happened each time she was there.

But the space around didn't move her: it was something else that she was captured in.

That gaze.

And that gaze pierced her.

She started to get nervous, and so she moved her arm over her head, uneasy, miming something silly and waiting for that reflection, her other self, to be forced to follow her silly moves with the mirror's play.

But not this time: no, this time the young boy didn't move.

He just stared at her still and said: "Tell them! Tell them!"

"I did already!! I told the truth" Zeph replied, and her reflection didn't move.

He was a young boy, not too tall, a dark skin tone and short, super thin, black hair.

His eyes were as blue as Zephyra's: a unique dark blue shade inside two irises that looked like snowflakes.

Well, they were actually the same pair of eyes.

Surrounded by the same face, but on the other side of the mirror.

That's how she recognized herself once more, in that old dream of the mirror in the Woods.

Zephyra gently put her hand towards him to touch him, so intangible yet more real than ever.

And the boy mimed the gesture this time, making a fingertip-to-fingertip contact.

He was warm.

He looked at her once more, spreading harmony between the two, and he opened his mouth, locking their four blue eyes in a solemn gaze.

He was about to add something when...

"WHAAAAAAT? Are you one of them? Did you do that hole?!" - someone screamed from the outside.

Zeph was brutally captured back to reality, her cheek full of the dusty ground and her body still leaning close to the dead bonfire.

She didn't understand what was happening, and with the most confused look she got up with her torso, leaning on her arm.

Her brother Trevor was enraged and screaming at the poor Sybilla who was red and looked awkwardly hopeless and confused.

"No, Trevor, hey, wait!"

"I can't believe it, Besos!"

"What the hell, man, let me explain!"

"You said enough! I cannot think that my parents could be even dead for..." - and he paused, in an enraged tear burst - "For you and your stupid friends' game!"

"I told you I BEGGED THEM TO STOP! They just didn't listen and..."

"So, why are you even here?!"

"Hey, genius! Look at me, half-naked after I tore my dress yesterday! I didn't want anything to do with them anymore! And yet you are here, judging..."

"Well, you lied to us! How can I trust you, after what he has done... what your family has done to Mother Earth?"

"Well, GOODBYE then! Feel free to pack the zero things you have and take your sisters, go! I can fix the hole myself, You are impossible!"