5.2 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓

"Sybilla... I'd also like to tell you who I am" the little girl said with a thread of her voice.

The older one turned and looked carefully into her face, intrigued.

"Tell me" her gaze seemed to say back.

"I... I am not Zephyra" she quickly said.

"What do you mean?" the other asked softly

"I mean yes, I am... but it is not the real me..." - she answered awkwardly - "I am not the one that the others see."

Zeph closed her eyes for a moment to find the words.

"When I look in the mirror, there... I see myself for who I am. That's the only moment I recognize the real me. It's in every night's dream: get out of the reflection, live free and happy, run, grow up and be the boy I want! Not a girl!" said Zephyra, his chest burning like fire.

Very agitated, Zeph turned to Sybilla and looked proudly at her with his icy eyes: "My real name, the one I chose for myself is Zeno, that, and nothing else. I don't want others treating me like a girl, because I never was. Now that I've grown I know better, I know my heart and I just hope they won't all start judging."

Sybilla looked at that young boy proudly. He was finally free, shining out of any mirror, and she just said: "I'm really glad you decided to tell this, to tell it to me! You are so brave, and I'm happy for you!" and hugged "Zeph."

He was very touched and tried to hide it, remaining glued to Sybilla's chest.

"Thank you, thank you... thank you!" he said with a suffocated voice in that embrace.

And then they broke off and looked at each other intensely.

It was crazy, they were still almost strangers! Two stories that were so different, yet two souls that understood themselves perfectly.

Being chased by a shadow that did not belong to them, having to justify themselves, but deep down, seeking only love and freedom.

Zeph was still young and he wouldn't have known that word for a while, but for the first time, as the lights of the dawn started to shine, he truly felt validated.

In the meantime, immense light.

__________

"Gosh, it's day already!" Sybilla said, and they both chuckled.

Right at that moment, Trevor appeared from the bush and crossed the stream, coming to them.

"Does he know?"

"Not yet, but I was planning to tell him soon"

As he approached closer, they realized he had something in his hands.

"Good morning, girls" he said softly and looked at Sybilla awkwardly.

She didn't dare to look back.

"I brought you breakfast!" he said, satisfied.

Zeph sighed in awe and took the dates and pears the brother brought and said, "Ooh, let's make a quick jam! I'll add some berries I saw around" "Nice!" his brother said, and knelt down in front of Sybilla: "Do you like those?" Trevor asked gently, and she replied stoically: "I am not hungry, actually."

"Ok, I guess I'll have more to eat for me!" said Zeph joking. "I will wake up Clover in a while when the jam is ready... Then, we have a mission to do! Will you stay here?" he later asked, looking at Sybilla.

"Yes, I'll be here around, then I'll come to you."

"Do you mind if I join you?" said Trevor, smiling and sitting down already.

Zeph walked away and headed to the bonfire spot. He then turned his gaze to the two of them and smiled, rolling his eyes.

 He then turned his gaze to the two of them and smiled, rolling his eyes