everyone but you

Prakriti Purnima

I look through glass window to my empire, standing in my office. Here everything created, chosen, bought by me. Would baba will be happy to see the expansion of company to overseas. would maa will like the slight grey colour for walls here, probably not since she used to like warm colours. There are many questions  with no one to answer.

I come out of my thoughts as I hear foot steps of Narath, i straighten sleeves of my kurta and turn to face him in front of my table. He is my secretary for seven year now, one of few people who has been hired by my grandfather and has seen me and this company going through every up and down. Narath Narayan is a midle age man with a lean body, his attitude you won't able you understand in one go but he knows how to get work done thats what makes us good team.
"Ms purnima, i had already emailed you details of today's meeting regarding sales, i hope you received it." He says, " Should i ask someone to send coffee before meeting " I give him nod and he walks out with same professional face mask he manages to put Throughout the years.

I didn't think i would be sitting in my own office, being the ceo. I was 22 when i decided to dropout of college and return to medninagar. The company was ready to announce bankruptcy, we were in deep neck debt. Everyone said it's waste to put work in it and i should focus on getting a degree and marry since i can easily find a wealthy groom with my purnima sirname. I guess they were right, anyone with sense would do  that as at the end money matters so much in life. But i couldn't bring myself to do that, this company was dream of baba(father). He has put his soul into it; he always used to say 'our work is our identity and at last world will remember us in work only'. Similarly me being his blood chose my identify and i will empower the purnima name but in the way my baba would be proud when he would look at me from heaven. I worked hard with everything in me to make this success.

I looked at maa's watch in my hand, and enter conference room.  Silence filled the room with my arrival, as i take my seat at head of table other employees also sat down and manager of sales department stand to give presentation.
"Our weekly sales has achieved its 10 percent increament target and it's all ........ "
"As per my memory, weekly sales increament target was 8 to 22 percent which was proposed by you only. Hence would you like to explain me, why you are so self celebrating when we had reached its low limit". I interrupt her "Don't you think your team focus should be on reaching it's higher end" I pointed out. I know it will add one more of other thousands reason employees hates me but do i care, i don't. If i cared it purnima enterprises wouldn't be in world's top ten company. She now seems in great distress, her eyes warder in palces in search of any help. My gaze piercing her
"  "Success is the sum of small efforts repeatedly day in and out" Said by mahatma ghandhi, this is what our team is doing isn't prakriti madam." Says our Cheif Operating Officer (COO),Raghav krishnan.

Irritation is the first word comes in my mind when i think of him, this man will give a life to get on my nerves. He indurates me beyond limit. if he wasn't the best person for his position and one of the important factor of this company's success, he  would have faced large consequences for his quirky remarks. His brown eyes taunting, honey colour lips tilt in smirk. The fucking charmer, he knows how to make people trust him and make them feel he is their friend but i know him, in reality he is a ruthless bussiness genius. He know how to  make people work in his way.

"Yes Mr krishnan, but our focus should be more on exploring our potential rather than being happy on silly things. " I says coldly
" Being happy in one of important aspect to explore our full potential "
Another play of him to impress his fans. He should have know till now, everyone liking will do nothing at end.
"That's it for today guys, keep working hard, thank you." I end it with blank expression. Everyone starts to leave, my eyes lands on him. His eyes bore into mine , it's the same look he has reserve for me in the year of working. like he is trying to find something in me, I never understand his intention. he is always polar opposite, against me in everything except when we work together.
He hates me as much as i do, and the fun part is that i am the only who receive this treatment of his. Hh