Romance

PRAKRITI PURNIMA

Host anounce and slow romantic music starts to play.
-𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙗𝙮 𝙀𝘿 𝙎𝙝𝙚𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙣-

He held out his hand "can i have a dance with the beautiful woman- i couldn't take my eyes off." How can a man have this much chivalry and is there any woman who would deny him.
I held his hand and he take me to the space which has been clear for people to dance. Others are dancing on the slow music with the loved ones but my focus was only on him. He put his hand on my waist dragging me closure. My hands slowly wrap around his neck. My cheeks must have turned into a shade of red with this little to no distance between us. We sway with the rhythm, our pace slow.
"How do you know Radhika Ukti. You two seemed close. " I couldn't stop myself from asking. A sly smile appear on his face. "You have asked twice in last 48 hours about women in my life. Be Caution i may starts to think you are jealous Ms Purnima mam. My eyes rolls on his teasing. He just smile in response
"We were batchmates in university. We again got in touch during a deal."
He explain but i still don't like her. "The same deal when both Agastis and Uktis approached us. First there was so much competition between them but later for some reason both wanted to give deal to the other one. " He nod in agreement.
My eyes widen as things get clear. "You were reason behind it." I look around to check than say in slow voice. "Were you also had hand in the merger of their companies." He again nod simply like he just haven't done anything in the merger of two textile giants of country.

"You are unbelievable." I tells him in resignation.
"Am i" He says, being all innocent.
Does he understand what is doing to me. If he keep acting like this how am i suppose to control myself.

"You were going to tell me- how did you know that i like carrots in my khichdi. " I remind him of yesterday. "You told me. You don't remember but you yourself told me that you only like carrots in khichdi without any other vegetables" What he is saying is nearly impossible. Maa used to cook it like that and after her no one knows it as i don't usually talk about her with anyone. I don't argue as it may have slip from me since we spent years working together.

Suddenly he spin me hold my palm above. After that my lands on his strong chest and he placed his on my lower back. I wonder does he always look at me this way or it's me who start to notice now.

We come out of our zone with the noise of people's clapping. This made us notice that music has already stop. But he left me immediately. He observe me like he is memorising me in his heart. He remove his arms and place starts to get fill with guests.

"Do you want to go out with me, right now." He asked me out of nowhere leaving me in utter shock. And i agree without thinking much, for once i want myself to live in the moment.

He held my wrist and now i am in his car with him. After we left the place, i called grandfather and informed him about my sudden departure. I didn't ask where we are going putting all my trust in him. After some minutes he stop the car and come to my side to open the door for me. I step outside and notice him and than the surrounding. We are at a beach. It was nearly empty. Moon is all shinning making the night bright like a full moon night. I walk through sand which was cold to feet and move closer to water. The sea waves are reflecting the moonlight giving the crystal appearance.

"It is mesmerizing." I say admiring the view.
"Yes it is" He reply. When i turn to him he was staring at me. He has left his coat and tie in the car and folded his sleeves up to elbow. Isn't it sexiest thing a man can do. Adrenaline rushes in me. I just want to feel all the happiness that i can in this moment.

"If we are really going to do rom com things than what are waiting for come catch me." I says giggling and run in the sand. My smile is reaching ears to ears. He start to run after with giggles. Laughter surrounded us. I feels like i am flying that i don't want to stop.

"You won't be able catch me" I know he is giving me time to run and enjoy our little play because if he wants he can catch me easily. He react on my teasing and increased his speed and i try my best to move faster but all in vein. Soon i am in his arms and more laughter erupted. He lift me on his shoulder like i weigh nothing. He carry me to sea and throw in water. I try to playfully splash water on him.

"Stop prakriti, it won't be good for you. You are going to regret i am warning you." He try to warn me to which i just laugh. When i didn't stop he just lock my both wrists on my back with his one hand and pull me to him. My front collides on his strong chest. I can feel his sculpture body behind his wet shirt. He has tilt his face to look at me. I can clearly see our significant height difference. I had to tilt my head up to look at him. Tension between us get thicker when he lean closure that i can practically feel his breath on my skin. My stomach do flips.
"I warned you, you will regret." He says, his thumb caress my cheek. He is making me feel weird things that i never felt before.
"Bold of you to assume i am regretting." I says boldly ignoring tsunami of nervousness inside me. His eyes move between my eyes and lips. The space goes eerily quiet, tension screaming. Our get broken by the birds chirping. We get seperated with leaving awkwardness between. My eyes looking at everywhere to avoid looking his eyes he is doing same.
Its than i notice that it is about to sunrise. "When we are here, than should enjoy the sunrise." He says trying to sound unaffected. I nod and we move out of water. Our clothes are completely drench but i ignore and sat down on sand to watch this beautiful sunrise. "You can get cold." He cover my shoulders with his coat, i didn't notice him bringing.
"How did decided that you want to adopt, i mean it's a bag responsibility." I always knew he was a family man person. So it wasn't much surprising that he decided to adopt. I was more surprise by the fact that nobody knew about it.
"i met Sweety during my visit to orphanage on my 25th birthday, she was seven year old then. She always showed biggest smile whenever i called her sweety, she was the most active in sports among others but after one incident she got fracture in her one arm. The caretaker said they won't be able to pay for surgery that she needed, i decided to pay for her. Later it became the routine of mine to meet her after work. One day Caretaker told me that one couple came there to adopt her but refuse to go with them. My heart pained at the thought of not able to see her again this make me realize how important she became to me. But i was scare that she would reject me also." His voice start to get heavy with emotions.
"I somehow gather my courage and propose her for adoption. She said yes. When i asked her why she rejected to others, she replied with innocent. 'That man didn't felt like father, you felt like father' " He explain, his eyes get moisturise as he remember the experience. Pure adoration fills his face while talking about his daughter.
"Your are doing a amazing job Raghav" I say wholeheartedly. My respect for him increased not because he adopted a girl but because of love he carry for others.

I look at him, staring at rising sun. Few Sun rays falling on him colouring him reddish one side of face. The sense of peace that he bring to me erase every other thinking.