blurring of line

PRAKRITI PURNIMA

"That's it for today guys, keep working hard." I end the weekly review meeting. I look around for the fifth time to find the familiar pairs of brown orbs and end in disappointed. It's the second consecutive meeting he  is absent for, leaving the bitter taste in me. I shouldn't be this affected by a man whom i didn't liked till last month. He is not attending any meeting from a week which is just after Agastis event. I don't know what happened, is it because of me. He had left the place early without informing anyone. It's not anyone, it's me he hadn't informed or said goodbye. Is he avoiding me, did i thought too much. He treat everyone good and i took it personally. I placed hands on ears trying to stop voices in my head.

"Are you alright mam". I hear Narath's voice fill with worry . I hmm in response.
"Mam, Mr krishnan has return from his leave. He is currently in his chamber.
Should i tell him to meet you." He inform me, a sense of relief washes over me. "I didn't ask for, why are you telling wheather he came or not." I say trying to hide the desperation i feel.

"You have asked about it more than twenty times in last seven days." He says making me remember times i have asked him about Raghavs where about.
"I was just inquiring about my employees. You should leave." I start to look between in files trying to avoid further embracement. He leave while giving me done look.

I process the information and aggression fill me up. That basterd, fucking stupid man. What he thinks of himself. First he roams in my thoughts all the time than he dares to ignore me.
I walk towards his office, my steps in haste. His chamber is on fourteenth floor just below mine. Employees greet me on my way which i just ignore,  usually i would have greet back by nodding. When i reach outside his chamber, his secretary stand and greet in respect.
"Good evening mam, Raghav sir is having meeting with the managers of sales department.... " I don't listen to her further talk. My irritation reach it's peak when i see him talking with the same woman whom he defended in the last meeting. I directly walk in without any announcement.

His smile vanishes as he notice my presence. I ignore his stare on me, i look at the woman and her face losses it's colour in fear. She silently leave the place. I turn to face him finding him already staring at me. He lean on his chair The long table between us making me forget every reason i came here for. He stand and take steps towards me. His pace slow taking his time, his gaze fixed on me. A shiver run down my spine.

I try to stand my ground strong but his intimidating aura making it difficult for me. I take steps back in attempt to create distance between us which fails miserably as he keep moving. Before i could protest, i am pinned against wall. His wide frame blocks any other view than him.

"Y.. You.. You can't do like this." I mentally facepalm on my stuttering.
"What a wonderful sight, Ms CEO comes storming in my chamber and stutters." Today everyone is showing me mirror. Am i being this obvious,
"You must be hearing things, i don't stutter." I say falsely defending myself.

"Oh I see" He hmms. It annoys me the way i react in his presence.
"You could have asked her to email the reports or passed through your secretary..." I quickly shut my mouth when i realise how weird i am sounding.
His brows lift in confusion, than relax, than something flashes in his eyes, something danger. He lean more closer till i could feel his breath on my ears and cheeks.
"Third, its third time prakriti. One more and it won't be good." He whispers. This time i could understand his words. He step back giving space between us and release the breath i don't know from when i was holding.

"So, What is the special occasion that brings Ms Purnima mam in my office." He says, catching me off guard.
Now i will have to come with some reason to justify my presence. I clear my voice before speaking "i need you to work on the school project we are going to make proposal for, to the government."