CHAPTER 5: Poppin' Tags at the Goodwill... Event (Taylor's Version)

yumi: prepare for trouble...

yoshinori: and make it double!

---

"*Sigh* Where are they?" Matsuo asked while rubbing his temples. You snickered at his irritated reaction. He lightly elbowed you in the arm. Despite the fact that you were supposed to feel deterred from acting so familiar with him, your heart soared. Even after finding out my secret, Matsuo-senpai isn't scared of me!! Ahh!! I'm so lucky!!

"I don't know, they were supposed to already be here!" Yumi looked around for the aforementioned "they," but to no avail, as evidenced by her upset huff. Your heartbeat stuttered while respectfully admiring your upperclassman. Even when she's upset, Yumi-senpai is beautiful! Then you all heard the scuff of hurried footsteps.

"Ah, I'm so sorry!" A girl called out to your group. She was waving at you all, her long light blue hair bouncing as she ran. You saw a... human-looking puppet - really? A puppet? - and then a familiar face behind them. Your whole being lit up with joy. Mai!! You honestly didn't know how many more pretty girls you could handle interacting with today.

Upon seeing the person who essentially looked like a Maki clone with shorter hair, Yuta became more comfortable. Maybe she'll be like Maki-san and tolerate me?

"(Name)," Mai said. She walked right past Yuta so she could stand before you. She struck up a conversation with you, mentioning something about a cat cafe. Yuta's shoulders slumped. Great. Now the Maki Clone took (Name)-san's attention, too.

"Alright, everyone! Time to decide on who's riding with who!" Yoshinori - the event managing king, from the looks of it - tried to rein in everyone to get back on track.

"Pause," Yumi said, making an "X" with her arms.

"Ayo?" Seiji snickered. He had a cocky expression that just about caused steam to shoot out from Yoshinori's ears.

Yoshinori's eyebrow twitched at his fellow sorcerers' quips and jabs. "Shut up!"

"... By the way, Yoshinori, it's 'who's riding with whom.'" Matsuo corrected his future opponent. Yoshinori blinked.

"You're about to be riding with no whom if you keep that up." Matuso kept his lips pressed together. Well, excuse me for wanting to help you be grammatically correct.

---

Noritoshi ended up driving you, Momo, Seiji, and Kimiko into town, with the others being split up between the other two vehicles. Ah, you were so excited for a fun night out! Especially with the students from Kyoto!

On the car ride into town, while Momo was trying to record an aesthetically pleasing video of the city at night, an ad came on the radio for KFC, a high-quality fast food franchise. Seiji practically screamed out a groan of excitement, and Kimiko had the exact opposite reaction. Instead of stopping her recording, Momo turned her phone's camera to your upperclassmen.

"Oh, I love this one!"

"*Sigh* I know you do, Seiji-"

"Bag boys, bag boys, whatcha gonna do?"

"That's enough-" Kimiko tried to keep her friend under control to preserve energy for their long night ahead, but Seiji seemed hellbent on doing whatever he wanted.

"Whatcha gonna do when we bring your food?" He finished the jingle, matching the actual speaker in perfect timing. He must have had that commercial memorized, it was perfect.