The current beginning

It was a beautiful day in the town of Iland, and Amelia was walking by; looking at the beautiful scenery, saying hello to her neighbors Tank and Plucky, sending welcome cards to her sister Katherine, who had just moved into the neighborhood, and using a vaulting pole to get across the other part of the island. Even though she was in debt of 98,000 bells, and had to listen to the long boring announcements coming from Tom Nook, her life on Iland was good over all.

"Hey Katherine. Just letting you know, the arrangement that we made for Saturday has been moved to Wednesday, due to the fact that a random board meeting has popped up at that time. Just to let you know." The voicemail line beeped, and Amelia put her phone away, hoping that her sister got the message. She pulled out her fishing rod, hoping to get a good catch for the day.

She was still working on building that shop that the twins were helping her set up. So far, she had a majority of the wood, but the problem was the iron nuggets. It was nearly impossible to get them, and when she did, she only got one. She had 5 iron nuggets, which was good, but needed 25 more for the shop. The neighbors weren't really that involved, although Plucky had given Amelia a sturdy shovel, the first material tool that was not flimsy.

Finally, after a long day, Amelia went to her house to lay down and to try to sleep. She hadn't been able to sleep ever since her parents divorce. Amelia was 17 when it happened. Her dad had been getting drunk at times, and her mother was not only trying to pay off her own debt, she also had to pay the bar fees that her father drank at, due to the fact that he always "put it on his tab". When the court claims were settled, the two girls were left in the hands of their father, who at the time was getting rehabilitated, sent the girls to foster care, until old Mayor Tortimer stepped in to take care of the girls until they were 18. She also had a premature brother, who the family assumed that he was dead, even though there was no proof of death.

She slowly closed her eyes, as she fell asleep for the first time.