Chapter 11, THE TABLE'S TURN

I woke up suddenly from my sleep.

No nightmares, no dreams.

No faces to be seen, no eyes staring at me.

But I just woke up.

I reached my hands for my phone on the table. I checked the time; it's quarter past seven in the morning. There's a new message in my inbox; it's from mom again.

                           "Hi Zelda dear, when you see this text, please reply. What are your plans at home? How long are you planning to stay? Should I come home early for you? I know you hate us, but you are still my daughter, and I care for you. Eve also wants to see you. Please let me know, darling."

I placed the phone back on the table and laid back in bed. She asked about my plans, and the truth is... even I don't know what my plan is. I don't know how long I'm planning to stay at home. What she said is correct; I hate them, and I don't want to see them. But how am I supposed to live here without doing anything for my future? What will I do about my college and degree?

I took my phone to reply to mom's text. I typed...

                        "I will let you know later, Mom. I don't have any plans here. I will be here for at least one month."

I moved the quilt off me, arranged the bed, and placed my pillows in their spots. I stood up feeling so light  in my heart and went to the window. I moved the curtains, letting the morning sun rays penetrate through the glass windows. The mountains afar looked so white, reflecting almost every light falling on them. It always looked the same, but somehow, now I can enjoy it's beauty.

 It always looked the same, but somehow, now I can enjoy it's beauty

I pulled the sash and opened the window pane. The cold breeze touched my face. It felt good to feel the rising sun and the cold breeze on my face at the same time. I left the windows open.

For the first time in my life, I feel calm by hearing the sound of the wind. Usually, the sound of the wind mixes up with my mind voices.

Wow... my brain is almost silent, and it's not irritating me. It feels like a calm day. I have to continue reading my old journals, as I have the whole 24 hours of the day to do my work. But first, I should try to make my breakfast.

I brushed my teeth, took a small shower, and wore one of my best dresses. I feel so good today. I ran down the stairs to the kitchen.

Not every day feels like this.

Have I ever felt like this?

Why am I feeling like this?

There is no particular reason; I am just happy for myself, without guilt, without cold... just warm.

What should I eat today?

I opened the fridge to see what's in it. Eggs, milk, butter... yeah... pancakes.

Oh... some chocolates.

Okay... so let's start the day with a chocolate. I took the chocolate in my hand and unwrapped it. I put it in my mouth. I'm gonna go make pancakes.

I cracked open the egg and put it in the bowl, then I added butter to it, half a cup of sugar, and then I started whipping it.

The chocolate in my mouth is melting... suddenly I bite into something.

A PEANUT...
A BLOODY PEANUT...

I stopped breathing... those eyes... I can see those small eyes.

He is standing in front of me

Those small hazel eyes staring into me.

He is standing there so still that it looks lioe he's gonna enjoy what's coming next.

I ran to the sink. I spat out the peanut.

BLOOD

I spat blood

I spat blood.

There is a lot of blood in my mouth.

I cannot breathe.

My tongue is swelling up.

I fell down to the floor.

My hands grabbed my neck.

I am coughing so hard, and I can feel the blood in my mouth coming out through my nose. I am trying to breathe, but I can't. The whole kitchen is now just covered with blood.

**********************************************************

(Zelda is crawling on the floor. Her hands tried to reach the counter top....for a glass of water. She can't stand on her feet. She is strengthless. She cannot even breath.

Her sight became blurry, her eyes are closing slowly as she is staring into Tom's eyes. She stopped fighting, she rest her head on the floor while her eyes are closing and little Tom's eyes stare into her's. )

**********************************************************