Ch. 1

The aftermath of this crisis was something to expect. Fontaine being under the order of Neuvillete, all of the buildings that were destroyed when water dared to drown everything considered alive- all of those areas were slowly- but surely getting rebuilt.

Furina felt out of place after realizing there was no threat to her beloved city anymore- finding herself less than useful, she started packing her only two bags that fitted everything little belongings she had, and eventually started leaving the Palais Mermonia.
After stepping out of the door, she was greeted with a clear sky and bright sunlight. Said weather helped her ease her mood a bit, the idea of being free did not sit well with her for now, so she tried to focus on her environment to forget said idea for a bit.

Walking down the road, she started to notice how close her new home was, in fact, without measuring every house, hers was the closest to the Palace Mermonia.
Not noticing at all the stairs, she almost collapsed when stepping into one- right in front of her was her new home. It wasn't luxurious by any sorts, but it wasn't dull either. After reaching the last stair, she contemplated a small fountain right at the corner of the staircase. The water was still flushing strongly, it never backed down like the fountains she had seen before, was this how people overcame hard situations- by not feeling bothered at all?

She left out a soft sigh and walked into her new rental apartment.
It was a two floor house, with just the basics. A white matching with gold kitchen, an one shelf-bookshelf beside it, and a small counter that acted like a dining table, with two round chairs around it. Next to it was the stairs that led upwards, to the opposite side, in a corner was a pink velvet couch with golden linings, and an arm chair switched with the same colors, next to said arm chair was a foot lamp with blue seashells painted on. Right next to the entrance was a rectangle full body mirror and a coat rack hanged to the wall.
Furina placed one of her bags in the couch, and got out a picture frame of the Opera Epiclese.
Maybe she does need a reminder of where she comes from.
After admiring for a bit the first floor, and making a mental note to get some books to fill the bookshelf, she went upstairs to check out her bedroom. She was astounded by the simplicity of said bedroom, it was an individual bed, with a wooden headboard and box-spring, covered by a grayish-looking matress
It's like the only area worth to be around was definitely downstairs and not the place we're she could rest.
°– “Fair enough” Furina hummed, she would take this as an opportunity to personalize her own bedroom, not because she was given the opportunity to, but because she saw this as a way to feel a “change” in the way she would be living her life from now on.
Catching side of a nightstand, she made her way towards it and placed her secondary bag on top of it. This time, instead of a portrait, she placed a blue small lamp she always had in her nightstand from the Palais Mermonia.
She looked back to take account of a dresser with a mirror on it, but made no move towards it.
She just left the bag with her belongings on the floor, and decided to call it a day.
The sudden change of mood had altered her a bit, making her sunken in her bed.
She let her mind wander for a while

“--llo? Is anyone here?”

Furina blinked before getting up, just ahead of her was a deep blue colored sea. She almost fell off her floating bed, staring with surprise at her surroundings. There was nothing else, rather than a small boat from where a small voice could be heard. The voice, after noticing Furina did not answer, looked at her suspecting that she did not hear the call, and stopped the boat.

“Um guys? I think we found a survivor of this drown out city”

°– “Drowned city…? But how- Fontaine is not-

“Wait! Hat Lady! Don't move, we are approaching you slowly so we can help you!”

Furina looked up, and suddenly realized that who was talking were no other than two little Melusins. One was a yellow-grey with two dark spots in her left brow, and the other one was a dark blue colored Melusin with two anglerfish antennas. Both melusins grabbed her two arms, and eventually managed to drag her up into the boat.

Furina was astounded, she looked over to the sea and blinked one time, two times, two seconds passed, and the third time she left her eyes closed. She does not want to see ahead, she would only allow herself to feel the rays of the moon, trying to get her to open up her eyes.

She felt her body shiver when said breeze brought with her an unusual aroma… loneliness and coldness.

Why was she feeling anxious?

“Hat Lady! Are you still with us?”

“My name's not Hat Lady!”

Where did that come from? She felt sorry for the melusins being talked like that. She should confront the person who dared to talk to them that way.

When she began to speak, just as the first word left out her mouth she stopped.

Her voice sounded hoarse.

The person who yelled at the melusins sounded the same as her.

As her eyes began to drift out to the ocean, she felt weight on her shoulders.

She snapped her eyes open.

“We are sorry for calling you something you are not, little Lady”

Their voices sounded genuine, but something in Furina's mind betrayed her when trying to believe that thought.

In your case , emotions are variables, but your constant is a concrete emotion of them all.

Furina leveled her eyes to the table.

“Well then-” Furina said, with an incredible humorous behavior “What emotion is it?” She questioned with a sparkle of nervousness.

The other one took a breath and averted his gaze towards her.

“I'm certain it's Fear, Lady Furina”