Poetry Parameters

𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

✨ Cohesion - If all the poems in the collection have similarly unified themes, directly or indirectly, it is a cohesive collection. It also includes consistency.

✨ Range - The range of themes, topics, execution, style, crafting etc. It's also the diversity of the topics, selected but relevant to the themes of the collection.

✨ Technique - The technicalities such as grammar, flow, rythm, structure etc. If it's a freestyle poem then the technique should be relevant to freestyle.

✨ Artistry and devices - Use of analogies, thesis, metaphors, subtext and other poetic devices and a style of execution/artistry.

✨Nuance - it refers to how the pieces were woven in depth, not rushed and formed a subconscious or emotional impact.

✨Creativity - it refers to how unique the themes were or how uniquely they were executed. Uniqueness can be in diction, sentence structure, rhythm, resonance etc.

✨ Structure - the accumulation of single line's structure into whole. The structure of the poem with respect to the rhythm and notions.

✨Tone - the mood, setting and worldbuilding.

✨Imagery - showing vs telling. Showing us the visual sensory graphics instead of telling the narrative.

✨Narration and voice - it refers to the speaker of poem, the first person, third person and how effectively they narrated the poem.

✨Rhythm and flow - if the structure of poem is appropriately patterned, and if it is smoothly rhyming.

                𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙚𝙢

✨Same as above but in relevance to the particular poem, excluding the range.

✨Cohesion should be the relevance of poem to it's theme and overall aesthetic of the book, instead of the above explanation.

            𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝘿𝙚𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

✨Same as best collection but for the debut poet.

                    𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙤𝙚𝙩

✨ Body of work - how the body of work submitted, excelling in poetry (see best poem collection)

✨Versatility - diversity in poetic approach, execution, genres and themes in the poet's entire catalogue.

✨ Innovation - how they've put forth a new approach to poetry

                      𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙇𝙞𝙣𝙚

✨Evoking emotions - if the line has the power to evoke emotions and have a different experience and impact from the rest of the poem.

✨ Rhythm and flow - the pattern, rhyming, sound impact and musicality. (Can be varied with varied genres like freestyle)

✨Nuance - the depth in the line and how it elevates the evocativeness and impact of the poem, overall.

✨ Imagery and poetic devices - if the line is doing justice to the imagery and devices. The line need not have analogies, imagery, device in itself but it should compliment the overall imagery, analogy and device of the poem.

            𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙤𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙙𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙚

✨ Incorporation with the theme - if they're relevant to the theme and elevating it.

✨Symbolism - if the devices, are actually symbolising the theme or subtext.

✨Metaphor, simile - Use of analogies and these devices.

✨Imagery - using diction and sensory details to elevate imagery.

✨Juxtaposition - the two varied and totally opposite ideas coming together.

✨Sound devices - onomatopoeia, alliteration, assonance etc with respect to the rhythm.

✨Other devices- personification, motif etc.

✨ Approach - the unique approach in execution of these poetic devices.

             𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙁𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙮𝙡𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙚𝙢

✨ Defying norms - it refers to how the poem is defying a particular structure.

✨ Creativity - Uniqueness in the approach of crafting the poem.

✨Flow - it is how the poem is able to be in a flow, while also defying a particular structure.

✨Nuance - the depth in the themes.

✨ Relevance - if freestyle is necessary for the poem or if the poem is elevated by use of freestyle. Also considering if the poet's signature style is freestyle or not.

✨Artistry and devices - use of various devices and a unique approach in doing so.

                   𝘽𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙙 / 𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙩

✨Structure
✨Narration
✨Theme
✨ Storyline
✨Artistry and devices
✨Musicality, rhytm and flow
✨ Relevance of ballad for the poem. If ballad or sonet elevates the experience of poem.

                  𝙊𝙣 𝙨𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙚𝙨

✨Relevance to the theme and timeline
✨Depth
✨Empowerment
✨Advocacy
✨Evoking emotions
✨Others (see best poem)

                   𝙎𝙖𝙙 𝙥𝙤𝙚𝙢

✨ Evoking emotions
✨Themes
✨Imagery
✨Artistry and devices
✨Catharsis or the driving force of solace, tranquility etc.
✨Mood
✨Setting
✨Voice and narration
✨ others (see the best poem)

                 𝙍𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙥𝙤𝙚𝙢

✨Emotional depth
✨Relevance to the theme
✨capturing the essence of love
✨capturing the essence of passion
✨commentary or idea narration/voice on love related topics
✨others ( refer best poem)

                     𝙇𝙮𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙨𝙢

✨Musicality
✨Rhythm
✨Flow
✨Sound devices
✨composition
✨others (refer to best poem)

                      𝙉𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

✨Voice
✨pacing
✨storyline
✨characterisation
✨creativity
✨others (see best poem)