❧☆CHAPTER 01☆☙

It's very cold, I felt my own body shivering, while long gusts of wind were blowing, making me pull my long cloak tighter about me, then adjusting my hood that was threatening to come off my head, it had been a long few minutes since I arrived at Dimitrescu Castle, and I still hadn't plucked up the courage to knock on the door, the place seemed strangely beautiful and frightening, more like frightening than beautiful, and that was making me fear what I would find on the other side, never in my life did I think I would be here, forced to work as a maid for Lady Dimitrescu. Speaking of her, I'd never even seen her in person, I'd only lived on rumors and stories about the woman, about her appearance and her size, which made my mind imagine the most frightening things about the lady I was to serve.

-God...- I mutter to myself, before letting out my breath through my mouth, and I can see a puff of smoke coming from it, because of the cold. 

  In small steps, I approach the door, deciding that if I was going to die, it would be in a warm place and not in the cold that would freeze my bones. I raise my hand and knock on the dark wood, making an echoing sound with each knock, before a silence fills the room. In a matter of minutes, I hear the sound of someone's footsteps approaching, making me crack a small smile at the person who was coming to my call. I see the door open slowly before a woman in maid's clothes appears in front of me, looking at me with a serious countenance, I observe her from head to toe, realizing how much taller she was than me.

-Children are not allowed in the place- says the red-haired woman with a frown on her face, while I close mine after hearing those words, feeling offended.

-"I'm not a child, I came here to work as a maid," I say to the woman, who widens her eyes in surprise before simply letting out a light laugh. "Was she laughing at me?" - I ask myself with a serious look on my face as the woman seems to mock me. 

-I'm sorry miss, with your face I thought you were a child, I'm sorry- she says calming down as I just nod in affirmation, she then moves away from the door allowing me to enter.

-"Wow..." I say after seeing the decoration of the entrance that leads straight into the main area. -"I know... it's breathtaking," says the woman, smiling at me after closing the door.

-"What's your name? - asks the maid.

-"My name is Annie, and you?

-"Kate, nice to meet you," I say, sounding friendly as Annie shakes my hand in return.

-Well, Miss Kate, I'll take you to the lady of the house. She'll explain your duties and the rules you have to follow. - She says, making my eyes widen as I realize that I'm going to come face to face with the person who gave me nightmares because of my own imagination.

-A L-Lady? - I ask to be sure as Annie shakes her head in affirmation, then starts walking while I swallow, my fear evident in my trembling hands, which I decide to put behind my back as we walk straight to the beast's lair. Wait, I'm already in the lair... 

  As we walked towards Lady's office, Annie decided to talk about a few things about her, which interested me to a large extent, making me forget for a moment where we were going until we both stopped in front of long double doors. -Well, you're on, darling- she says before knocking on the door and then hearing a loud but calm voice on the other side asking her to come in.