Chapter 5: Ulterior Motives

it's going to be forever, or it's going to go down in flames"

Owen's POV:

My boss sent me here to do something, Everyone here thinks I'm here to do something else, but I am here for something that no one knows. Hecking Claire is so annoying. I have to be more careful around her. Mrs.Sutherland got home first. It was late afternoon so she started dinner, but before she did, she went upstairs. I came down here because I hate being in my bedroom, and it is proven that spending time in your room during the day can make it harder to sleep at night. I go into this room that is to the side of the front door. It is closed off and has a grand piano in the corner. There are bookshelves, but the books are not real, only for decor. Amity is so weird. I found a spot on a moss-green couch and continued my research. Research on Sendra.

There are few interruptions here. I don't know why I haven't come sooner. There are few noises, like the sound of the back door or people coming back home. When Jeremiah comes home, He gives me a weird gaze. Maybe he is another person to worry about. The sky darkens outside as the sun goes down.

Then Eva came home, and she walked down the hall into the study. She looked at me and asked "What are you doing here exactly"

"Research on Amity and sandwich orders"

"Right"

"By the way, Do not fill up your plate at dinner. It looks really good but trust me its not."

"Ok, Thank you," I say. She turned around and left the room. I appreciated her warning me, but I already had a feeling that whatever food they made would not be good. I felt good vibes from Eva. I know this assessment is ruff, but I know it is important. Not the lies about the sandwich order thing but why I am really here. My boss told me about the mission, and he was told by someone else who is higher up than him who was told by Jeanine. I am lower in the ranks but I am moving up fast. Soon I can be working alongside Jeanine. I stand up and walk upstairs to my room. I put my laptop away and looked out the window. I thought I saw two people outside in the yard but I was called down for dinner by Mrs. Sutherland before I could see who they were.