Chapter 2

"What are you sighing for? It's annoying," Chaeyoung huffed as she tied her apron, freshly coming out of the back room. She had her hair tied into a messy bun, looking a bit as if she just rolled out of bed.

Lisa noticed the splotches on her neck despite the attempts to cover it with a thick layer of foundation. It seemed like someone got a good dicking before going to work. It might explain why she was a bit late and she had to take care of the sudden rush of customers an hour ago alone.

"It's nothing," she dismissed her, waving a hand to shoo her off.

Surprisingly, it wasn't such a busy day in Seulgi's café. A fairly new sight to them since most of the time, it was bustling with people no matter what time of day. She wondered if it was because the woman wasn't around and her ever-adoring loyal customers couldn't be bothered to come in, only to see two introverted girls with a frown on their face to serve them.

Although, a man accidentally spilled his drink on her earlier, forcing her to change into her extra pair of black shirt which showed all her tattoos.

If her looks weren't intimidating enough for some, her tattoos often received looks of disdain from middle-aged customers. Hence, she would always wear a long-sleeved dress shirt to cover it and avoid their judging gaze.

"It's a Jennie problem, isn't it?" Chaeyoung snickered. "Thank god, I'm dating a recluse and not some narcissistic woman who thrives on self-validation from strangers on the internet."

She meant Jisoo, apparently. Jennie's best buddy who she introduced to the blonde when they visited the café together once. She really didn't see them clicking but the world seems to be full of surprises because a week later, they were going out.

"It's not that." She scratched the back of her head, sending her a glare for the harshness of her words. Although, it was typical for her to speak that way. She was pretty much used to it at this point. "I just don't like it when she buys me stuff."

"You should be grateful." Chaeyoung hummed, leaning against the counter before yawning, rubbing her eyes. "You have such a fragile ego, I swear to god."

"I don't have a fragile ego," she retorted with a stomp of a foot and a pout on her lips. "It's just that she pays for almost everything and—"

"You feel like a charity case?" The slightly older cuts her off, finishing her sentence and raising an eyebrow as she tilted her head to the side. "It sounds like you really do have a fragile ego. I bet she's happy to cover all the expenses and you're just being bitter about it."

Lisa grumbled to herself before pursing her lips in defeat. She looked away with a deep frown, sighing to herself as she propped her elbows on the glass counter, letting her chin rest on her palm. If Seulgi was there, she would probably never hear the end of it, scolding her that it's bad luck to make such a gloomy expression.

"If you're so bothered by it, go spend your hard-earned money on an expensive gift and see if it makes you feel any better," Chaeyoung suggested softly.

It wasn't as sarcastic as she usually sounded like, almost seeming as if it was a genuine suggestion. Jisoo must have been rubbing off on her, considering they're almost attached by the hip.

Before Lisa could tease her for it, a chime rang through the almost empty café, indicating the arrival of a customer. She straightened up, fiddling with the sleeves of her shirt sheepishly as she watched an old man find a spot for himself.

"I'll take it." Chaeyoung offered, grabbing the hem of her shirt and pulling her away from the front counter. "Just an apology for being late and leaving you all alone to fend for yourself. Poor little baby."