and it's hard being casual ( mindry )

NOW  PLAYING

NOW PLAYING . . . casual by chappell roan

content warning : mild sexual references

content warning :  mild sexual references

"I CAN'T DO this anymore."

As Rory re-enters from the bathroom, her smile immediately diminishes to a concerned frown as narrowed eyes stare into the back of Mindy's head. She finds herself frozen where she stands, similarly falling victim to the conversation about to play out. Somehow, she already knows she can't say anything to change the outcome.

"Babe, what?" The question slips from her lips with an awkward scoff. Mindy turns slowly, an uncharacteristic solemnity to her expression, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb blonde, that isn't you." Mindy quips, and Rory is almost relieved that a part of her is still alive behind the seriousness shadowing her face. Cobalt eyes follow Mindy's hand as she raises it to her forehead, before waving around the room. "This. Us? If we can even say there's an us."

Confusion wrinkles between Rory's perfectly arched eyebrows. "We said we'd keep it casual. No attachment, just fucking around."

"Yes!" Mindy points toward the blonde, voice raising in unison with her arm. "And that has been great. Like, really fucking great I am not underselling that or your..." She hesitates, leaving Rory's lips to part while her head tilts slightly, in a way that asks where the fuck are you going with this? Mindy's hands circle toward Rory's body. "Ahem. Abilities. Especially when you're still on top of your game in the confined and awkward environment of your car. God, I am getting extremely off track."

"No, I'd rather you keep talking like this." For a moment, Rory can smirk at the familiarity of flustered compliments. It doesn't last long. Fuck, it's like Mindy is still managing to edge her.

"I can't, Rory." It's resolute. Final. Pre-ordained. Mindy dips her head as she pushes herself up from the edge of the bed. Massaging her temples, Rory watches the other girl go through some kind of mental reboot to find the words. "I just... you won't even let me touch your hand around my own fucking brother!"