◅▻CHAPTER 9 | SERAS DENIAL◅▻

As you and Adam wait in the meeting room for Seras arival, you couldn't help but question everything. Adam was here to stop Sera and the extermination by threatening to tell father, creator of all life, about the exterminations since he didn't know.

Charlie originally didn't want you to go, as it may have been risky. Sera already had gotten angry at you since you were a fallen angel, and she was the one who made it so. But you were just a child at that time. It's been a few hundred years since that time. You and Charlie lived together all that time and yet neither of you remember you being fallen, or Lucifer ever telling you that you were fallen.

" Adam I'm worried about this.. " you look down a bit.

" why? Since the very moment I realized the extermination was the very day I was with you and not here I've been wanting to cancel it.
Since the very moment I said 'I love you' I've been wanting to make sure it didn't happen again.
Since the moment we had a first date I didn't want anything to happen to you. This is very important to me Y/N. " he grabs both your hands and sandwiches them between his hands.

" you're very important to me. If anything happened to you, I would never forgive myself. "

You tear up a little, no one other then Charlie, Lucifer and Lilith ever cared about you as much as Adam was now. You kiss his forehead.
" I love you, babe. " he says as he spoons you with his wings.

You climb onto his lap and rest your head in his chest as he wraps his wings around you to comfort you.

You had somewhat napped in his warmth before Sera came in for the meeting.

" Why are we here, Adam? And why do you have your partner with you? "
Sera sits at the end of the table.

" is it wrong of me to have my fucking partner here? 'Oh It'S PrOfEsSiOnAl', whatever man. "
Sera looks annoyed.

" as I've told you before Adam I can't cancel something that keeps heaven safe. "

" yea? Well I got some fuckin news for you. What if I was so bold, uh huh. And told our big guy God what you let me do? Yea? That wouldn't look too well on your fuckin image. It might not look good for me, however it'd be so much fuckin worse for you since I'm the one who wanted to fuckin 'tattle' on you. "

Seras face goes slightly red.

" and what if, you listening? I told everyone else in the heaven high commission about it too? They would most definitely look down at you. I'm already doing my part of the prob5and apologizing to everyone for giving you this idea. But you better get real fuckin creative when they pounce on you with flourish anger and anguish when they- "

" ENOUGH! " Sera slams her hands on the table.

" YOU WILL NOT TELL THE HEAVEN HIGH COMMISSION ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR STUPID LITTLE IDEA! YOU WILL NOT TELL FATHER ABOUT YOUR IDEA. YOU WON'T TELL ANYONE! NOT EVEN EMILY! " she shouts loud.

" oh? Your worried about a child who isn't even yours? Yea, what happened to that fuckin seraph you sent down that just so happened to BE Emily's mother? Did you send her down like you did with Y/N? Cause I can sure as fuck find her mother FOR YOU. "

Seras face goes red again as he changes the subject.

" if you tell anyone Adam, I will send you down too. "

" And all that will do is leave a mark on your image! Dot forget the big man finds out about every fallen angel here. No matter how unknown the annual was to him! "
Adam uses his wing to place you behind him.

" ADAM I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR FOOLISHNESS! YOU WILL CONTINUE ON WITH WHAT'S IN THIS CONTRACT TO NOT ONLY PROTECT HEAVEN, BUT THE PEOPLE IN HEAVEN DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME? "

" why don't I just call the big man now then? Maybe then your stupid fuckin head will get the idea in how wrong the exterminations are! "

" ENOUGH! " Sera slams her hands in the table again, making you jump. The fighting continues for ten minutes before Sera storm's off for a thirty minute break and she puts the meeting in hold.

" babe I need you to call someone for me. " he looks at you, shaking at Seras yelling.

" I don't mean to scare you, I swear. " he hugs you as he hands you his phone. Before he hands it to you he taps a few things in it, and does something.

" broadcast a message on this group chat I made with the entire heaven high commission and the night guy himself about whats going on in this meeting, and record it just in case, okay? " he kisses your forehead as you nod. You begin typing your message. He reassures you that Sera wasn't added to keep it a secret.

" be specific, but don't tell them about the exterminations yet. " you nod as you continue typing. After sending the message you go to the camera app and record.

Sera walks back in after taking a few breaths.

" now where were we? "

" I was telling you to- " Adam gets cut off.

" I'm not ripping that contract Adam. If I'm doing this to protect heaven you will to. "

" and as I said before I'm going to tell the big man about all of this, you can't keep running from that Sera. " another 10 minutes go by of constant fighting.

Finally as the meeting was over, you hand Adam his phone.

" Oh and by the way, the heaven high commission knows about this meeting. " Adam slams the door before picking you up and flying off. You hear Sera screaming and it fading away the further you left the meeting room. And you both headed to the hotel.

" Adam... What if she- " Adam breaks down crying. All the yelling had hurt his head.

" Adam? " you spoon him as he cried quietly, hugging you tightly. You eventually calm him down and he rests in your lap. You giggle at how tired he looks.

" someone's sleepy. " you say.

his face flushes red but he chuckles.

" I'm just going to nap here for a bit. " he says.
You giggle as you brush your fingers into his hair. Today had been a stressful day. But you didn't care about it much. All you cared about was Adam.

A/N THIS FEELS LIKE A BORING CHAPTER. BUT HEY IT WILL HELP WITH THE NEXT ONE HOPEFULLY.