ʚ𝓒𝓗𝓐𝓟𝓣𝓔𝓡 2ɞ

Author's Note-I'm not the best when it comes to punctuation and/or grammar so please excuse my mistakes if there are any, or you can point them out and I'll fix them :). thank you for reading and enjoy loves<3

"japanese"

"english"

'japanese thoughts'

'english thoughts'

2nd POV-

Kei had made dinner, delicious, soft, steamy rice and tender teriyaki chicken. The smell rose up from the dish and entered your nose as if you were in a cartoon. Swallowing the saliva formed in your mouth, you adjusted your position to feel more comfortable, legs tucked underneath you.

Kie, who sat across from you, giggled, motioning to Nezuko, who sat at your left, to push you towards Tanjiro more. She followed her mothers request, politely asking you to move over a bit because she didn't have enough arm room, and you complied, scooting closer to Tanjiro without a peep.

Everyone held their hands together in front of them, giving a small prayer before beginning to eat their food. You followed, picking up your bowl and chopsticks and taking a bite of chicken and rice. When the food hit your tongue, you hummed, feeling the flavors burst on your tongue. It was nothing compared to the instant noodles you made when you had the 3 am munchies.

"Thank you very much Kie! The food is delicious!" you thanked her, taking another bite before she had time to respond, making her laugh softly.

Tanjiro POV-

'Did she just.. moan?' I raised an eyebrow, wondering if the sound Y/N made was some kind of hum or.. "Thank you very much Kie! The food is delicious!" She took another bite of food, a rice grain sticking to the side of her lip. My hand unconsciously moved up to her face, cupping her cheek in my hand and using my thumb to wipe the grain of rice off.

I felt her freeze under my touch, my hand immediately shooting back to my side when I heard my mother laugh. "Oh my, Tanjiro~ what a flirt~" My face turned red when Y/N turned to look at me, her head tilted to the side in questioning.

2nd POV-

"Uhm.. If I may ask.. Was there a reason for that.. gesture? Or.." you questioned, setting your bowl and chopsticks down. Tanjiro began to stutter out a jumble of words, sounding like a broken stereo with his mix of letters and sounds. "U-Uhm! Y-you h-had a piece of rice on your lip! I'm sorry if I intruded on your personal space!" 'rice on my lip.. I feel like Giyu..' you blinked awkwardly before smiling and laughing, patting his shoulder.

"It's fine, dear! Thank you for noticing!" you gave him a kiss on his cheek, making his face bloom out in red.

°*~✿time skip✿~*°

After dinner, Tanjiro took your hand and led you to the room you saw earlier that all the kids shared. "Oka-san couldn't find another futon for you to sleep on, so you can take mine and I'll sleep on the floor!" Tanjiro smiled back at you, opening the shoji door that closed the room off from the rest of the house. Tanjiros siblings were all in the room, already dressed in their sleep clothes and laying on their futons. "Don't worry, darling!-" you saw Tanjiros face flush red- "We can just share one, right?"

"R-right!" he responded, a small waver in his voice. 'I know it's weird, but I've always wondered what cuddling with Tanjiro would be like. Do you think he emits a natural warmth? He is a Sun Breather..' your thoughts trailed off and you didn't notice you were staring at Tanjiro intently with an almost dreamy look, making him blush and cover the lower half of his face with his hand.