Chapter -17

Laura sat on the sofa. She is so happy that she gets to meet her son. On the top of all, Amaya who always hated her changed a lot for the better. It smelled so good all of the sudden. She entered into the kitchen. A middle aged man wearing a pink apron is sautéing the pasta on the pan.

"Uncle, what's special?", Laura asked happily.

"Nothing. Just garlic zucchini pasta", her uncle Andrew, who is father of Alexander and Laura's father's brother.

"Looks like there is something more special than the dinner tonight", Uncle.

"What?", Laura.

"You look so happy", Uncle.

"Oh! I have met Charles today in the mall. He came with Amaya. I got to spend the entire day with him", Laura said tasting the pasta.

"Amaya? Aiden's friend's sister", Uncle.

"Yup", Laura.

"I don't think she gets along with you.", Uncle.

"Yes tell her. She is so naïve to believe that.", Alexander who just entered the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"That's 3 years ago Uncle. Now I have this feeling that she changed a lot. She is the one who suggested to spend the entire day with Charles. I bought a lot of clothes and toys.", Laura said defending Amaya.

"I am sure she is cooking up something and who knows what she is planning.", Alex said feeling irritated.

"Okay. You both don't fight. If what Laura said is true , then it is good.", Uncle.

They all ate the dinner. Alex went to his room and Laura helped to clean up. She finished cleaning up and since she wanted to talk to Alex she went to his room. While Alex came out to attend the call on the terrace. Laura entered the room. She decided to wait for Alex and she roamed around the room. Alex room always had another room inside it to develop the photos. She went to it and saw a lot of photos of Amaya jogging, eating, speaking with Aiden and Charles, and the photos of her family and Aiden's family. She gasped.

After a few minutes, Alex entered the room and got shocked seeing the photo room is opened. He entered the room.

"This is what you are doing for the past few months", Laura asked.

"Sis, I can explain", Alex.

"Alexander! You know when you call me 'sis' it is either you did something wrong or you are going to make some confession.", Laura said glaring at Alex.

"I am sorry that I didn't tell this to you. But believe I didn't do anything wrong", Alex.

"Stalking someone is not an offense? I don't think so", Laura questioned.

"I know that it is. But upon seeing Aiden happy with his own life and also holding your son's custody. I want to do something. I know you are thinking that with Ren entertainment you can prove Aiden that you are capable of providing all financial needs of Christian. But are you sure the court will be on our side. Aiden got money and some respect in the society. So we need something more to destroy his image. So that the court believes that we are more capable to take care of Christian than them. I thought Amaya is somewhat involved with Aiden. So, I am just investigating on her. Trust me when I say this, Amaya has the record of doing worse things to get Aiden on her side. So what's happened today will also be one of her plans.", Alex said hoping that Laura would understand.

"Alex enough. I will get the custody of my child by legal means. So you better stop what you are doing. And I may be naïve and foolish in the past but not anymore. I can take care of my problems. So stop it.", Laura said and left giving one final look at Alexander.