Chapter -18

Soon, Alice, mother of Aiden came inside the room. And saw Aiden smiling.

'Though Aiden can't be in the same room with Amaya in the past, May be this time Aiden will agree to marry Amaya. Because a lot of things have changed', Alice thought.

"Aunt! Where is Chris?", Amaya asked smiling at Alice.

"Well he just played and slept again", Alice.

"Well ! My bad I couldn't see him", Amaya.

"Oh! How about you staying with us till evening ? I am sure you will have huge time to spend with Chris", Alice.

"No, Aunt. Mom and dad will be waiting for me.", Amaya said.

"Don't worry. I will talk with Stephen and Ava. You both continue talking I will leave", Alice said leaving the room.

"Thanks to you I got escaped from mom's nagging today", Aiden said smiling at Amaya.

"What can I do with a 'Thanks'?", Amaya.

"Get lost", Aiden said gluing his eyes to his screen.

"Aiden", Amaya.

"Do you still need something?", Aiden.

"No. Nope. I don't need something. It is just... You know that Christian's third birthday is coming up next month.", Amaya.

"I knew it and there is still some time left.", Aiden.

"No I am just asking.. Did.. did you think about inviting Laura?", Amaya.

Aiden stopped typing at the name of Laura. Aiden looked at Amaya intensely.

"Okay cool. I am just asking if you want to?", Amaya.

"Should I ?", Aiden.

"You are such a bad man Aiden!", Amaya.

"It is Christian's birthday and of course he will be expecting his mom.", Amaya.

"may be I can console Christian", Aiden.

"Aiden for the god sake remember that you have divorced your wife. You can't simply cut her relationship with you as your son's mother. You have to think about it", Amaya said leaving the room.

Aiden don't hold anything against Laura. Of course he had married her because of his dad. He never loved her on those 4 years of their marriage. All he did was work and work all the time. The company grown a lot with his leadership. Laura never expected anything from him after understanding that he never gonna love her back. But after learning that this world and his life is just a ink on the paper, he is confused he doesn't even know what he truly wants to do. He is so confused till now and he don't want to overthink about this and that's why he is so engrossed in working. He need sometime.

Amaya spent the afternoon in Aiden's house and left in the evening.

"Look who came !", William shouted looking at Amaya who has just entered.

"What?", Amaya asked.

"Are you being so busy or acting like you are busy? I can't even see you on weekends", William.

"Don't be so dramatic. Just tell me you missed me, my sweet brother.", Amaya teased William.

"Mom! I can't do this. These days Amaya is becoming so cheesy.", William complained to his mom who have just ended a phone call.

Amaya came to the living room. She winked at her father and gave a side hug.

"Oh please Will! It is not that she is becoming cheesy. It is just that you are becoming more annoying these days.", Ava.