Chapter 14

Natalie woke Sunday afternoon in her own bed. She sat up and felt her head pound from all the crying she'd done the night before. A plate with a banana, bagel and orange juice was placed on her night stand. She picked up the juice and took a few sips from it. She felt a vibration from the floor and looked over the side of the bed. Her pants laid on the floor and her phone was sliding out of the back pocket. She reached over and took her phone out. The picture of Carter and herself flashed on screen, as the phone continued to vibrate. Natalie took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling, deciding on whether or not she'd answer it. It stopped ringing before she could decide and a notification came up. 13 missed calls and 31 unread messages, all from Carter. She closed the notifications and texted Jason 'Come over please.' She sunk back into bed and stared at the ceiling.

Carter sat in front of his TV, working on his third beer, looking at his phone every 10 seconds.

"Dude, you've got to stop." Sebastian said, putting his duffel bags at the front door.

"Stop what?" Carter asked, not looking at him.

"This pussy moping shit." Sebastian said, sitting beside Carter, turning off the TV. Carter just grunted and turned the TV back on.

"Let's have one last guys night out." Sebastian said, standing up pulling Carter up with him.

"I don't know." Carter said, he wanted to stay home incase Natalie came by for her bags or called him.

"Beers on me." Sebastian said, trying to persuade Carter.

"Fine." Carter mumbled.

"Great, go get changed and we'll hit the bar." Sebastian said cheerfully.

They made it to the bar and like Sebastian said, he paid for all the drinks. Carter had had 4 shots and was working on his third beer. 'Stop.' Carter heard a voice say. He looked around and saw that no one was near him. He brushed it off and kept drinking. 'You promised.' He heard the soft feminine voice say. Carter held the side of his head, feeling dizzy. 'I'm going crazy.' Carter thought as he headed to the bathroom to splash some water on his face. Once he got out of the bathroom he bumped into someone.

"Sor-" Carter stopped, looking at the girl. He had to double take.

"Excuse me?" The girl said, waving her hand in Carters face.

"Sorry, you look like someone I know." He said, shaking his head.

"It's fine." The girl walked off but Carter couldn't stop staring after her. She looked like his Natalie.

"Get it together." Carter muttered to himself before finding Sebastian dancing with some brunette in a barely there dress.

"I'm ready to go." Carter said as he tapped on Sebastian's shoulder.

"Two more minutes." Sebastian said, blowing Carter off.

"Fine." Carter said before going to the bar and finishing his beer then heading out the front entrance. While he was walking down the sidewalk, all he could hear was Natalie's voice. 'I thought you loved me, Carter.' 'Why would you do this to us?' 'I hate you.' Carter held his head, trying to clear his mind of her voice. He was so focused on his thoughts he didn't realize that he had walked off the sidewalk and into traffic.

Jason showed up at Natalie's house in exactly ten minutes. She went and answered the door before her parents could. Jason walked her up to her room and closed the door behind him after walking in.

"You got here fast. Weren't you resting from the amazing party?" Natalie said and sat on her bed. Jason sat on a chair she had in the corner of her room.