Chapter 4

PLEASE READ ME

        This chapter gets a bit in-depth and may act as trigger to some readers. Please read with caution.

                                                                                                          D & M. xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Carter headed back into his house after watching Natalie pull off and drive down the street until she was out of sight. He sighed sitting down on the couch leaning back throwing his arm behind his head. This was the part he hated, when school was over and Natalie left there was too much time to think. It was too quiet. He turned on the TV for some noise in the house. He flipped through the channels but didn't find anything on and settled for Friends rerun. Halfway through the first episode he felt his phone vibrate. He smiled seeing it was from Natalie.

'I didn't know the museum had a Chick-fil-a inside?' he texted back. He wanted her to drive back and spend the night but he knew she couldn't. He didn't hate her parents but they weren't his favorite. There was a knock at Carters door. He didn't know who would have been visiting him, his friends had practice after school. Carter got up and walked over to the door, opening it slowly.

"What's up?" Sebastian said grinning, pushing the door open wider and walking inside like he owned the place. Carter couldn't say anything, he was so shocked to see him. Sebastian was Carters best friend before Sebastian went off to college 2 years ago. Carter shook his head, collecting his thoughts. He closed the door and locked it before turning around to stare at Sebastian. He had let his hair grow out giving him that shaggy look. He looked bigger, more muscular and tanner, college obviously was good to him.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" Carter asked after he got over the initial shock. He loved Sebastian like an older brother, he looked up to him. Although Carter was happy Sebastian was back, he knew Natalie wouldn't be. With Sebastian being older, Carter got into more things that he wasn't supposed to.

"What? I can't come visit my best mate?" He asked jokingly, flopping down on the couch stretching out. "I'm on break so I'll need to crash here for about 2 weeks." He said. That was like Sebastian, he didn't ask for anything, it was either handed to him or he took it.

"Okay." Carter said, still a little shocked to see him after so long. He walked over to sit in an arms chair that was off to the side.

"So what've you been up? Where's that hot little girlfriend of yours? Or did she come to her senses and break up with you?" Sebastian laughed, flipping through the TV channels aimlessly.

"No, she didn't break up with me. She left about 45 minutes ago." Carter said dryly with a sarcastic smile.

"Well I guess I should have came earlier then, yeah?" Sebastian smirked over him then looked back to the TV.

Carter knew Sebastian was a pig and had wanted Natalie but would never cross the line. He may have been an asshole but he knew his limits.

"Ha, ha. You're so funny." Carter said sarcastically.

Sebastian sat up and hit Carters leg playfully, grinning at him.

"You know I'm only joking." Sebastian said getting up, making his way to the kitchen. "Got anything good here?" He asked, rummaging through his pantry and cabinets.

Carter sighed, rubbing his hands over his face.

"This is going to be a long 2 weeks." Carter mumbled to himself, watching Sebastian make himself at home, eating whatever he could get his hands on.