8- "Ursa, the Məhv Edən's pet."

CHAPTER 8

(Trigger warning: sexual assault, self-harm, suicide.)

"Terror made me cruel..." ~ Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

Prisoner 112 couldn't believe her ears at first. But before she could ask Murata to repeat herself, there was a gentle click as the door closed, and Murata disappeared.

With a sense of urgency, Prisoner 112 quickly sat up in bed, her heart racing.

Məhv Edən is home? But he wasn't supposed to come home until the next two weeks.

But as she pondered further, she realised no one had mentioned a specific time for Məhv Edən's return.

She just presumed that he would come when she was deemed ready to bear the seed. She had mistakenly linked his arrival to her fertility.

This is his mansion. He can come and go as he pleases. I'm the one trespassing. I'm the one being held against my will on his property.

Prisoner 112 had hoped he wouldn't be around so she could try to escape and see if there were any weak spots in the mansion's security.

But now that he was back, her plans had fallen apart. She felt panicked, frustrated, and on the verge of tears. The mere thought of the Məhv Edən in the mansion made her shiver with unease.

She felt both hot and cold at once, sweating while chills ran down her spine. She was terrified of him.

Prisoner 112 had only met him twice, and one of those times she was unconscious when he urgently arrived to heal her from a seizure.

The first time she saw him, he stood silently next to Kral's throne, dressed all in black, exuding an aura of strength, darkness, and power.

He had not spoken much, only answering Kral's questions when necessary.

Murata told her he was the most powerful mage in the Zoneplex, but also the youngest person to reach such a high status in three millennia.

She hadn't seen his face, and she hoped she never would. But what made him so formidable? The kāhin had paled at his mention. Nobody dared to anger Məhv Edən.

He has to be evil-like the master, like the servant!

She was sure he was the devil reincarnate, just like the Kral. Why else would the Kral pick someone with Golden Blood as his right hand?

He had to have killed countless innocents, ruined lives, and annihilated civilizations to be known as Məhv Edən— The Destroyer! No one was granted such a title by committing a simpler murder.

He must've devised ingenious ways to torture people and murdered anyone who dared to defy his master to reach the level of trust his master had in him, knowing that the Kral was not a man who trusted anyone easily.

A man so ruthless that he became known as Məhv Edən—the Destroyer! The atrocities he must have committed...

Trembling with fear, she couldn't help but imagine the horrors that Məhv Edən might have inflicted upon the prisoners of war.