── studying incident

Today was test results day and everyone in the year got their tests back. Janzen was sitting in his math's class, waiting patiently for his test. The person handing out the tests was Russo. Russo hadn't been showing up to classes as much as he used to, and rumors were being spread about marital problems or something. Janzen had heard these rumors but just wished that they wouldn't interfere with his lessons and classwork. Russo was going around the class handing out the tests until he got to Janzen. "Almost perfect... well done..." The teacher said this with a sad, melancholy tone. Janzen thought to himself.. almost? What does he mean almost? He grabbed the paper carefully before staring at the page. 96. Ninety six. Ninety six? What do you mean 96? Janzen stared, stared and stared. There's no way. Show his workings? But he got the answer? Janzen was in shock at this. What? 96. Janzen stayed seated. He had never gotten any less than a 100. No way. This can't be real.

At the same time, Miles was skipping his class, roaming the halls, there is no way he is going to be caught with whatever horrible grade he got. Especially in math. What is math ever going to do for him in the real world?? Walking around the school, he stared into some of the windows. He saw Janzen. He was so excited! Jannie in the window! He wanted to tell Janzen that he saw him so he got out his phone and took a picture of him in the window with the caption; "i seeeee youuuu" Janzen eventually received this image, feeling his phone getting notifications. "Mr. Russo... may I be excused?" Russo did not say a word. He just nodded and gave him a hall pass. Janzen went to the boys bathroom and hid in a stall. He pulled out his phone and saw the image Miles attached.

"Dear Miles, please do not message me during school hours. I would prefer to communicate at recess and you contacting me through my cellular device will increase the chances of us both getting caught on our phones. From Janzen."

"jannie that isnt how yoy text people 😭🙏"

" Correction, *isn't, *you"

"jannie come on you dont need to be all flrmal"

"All what?"

"formal!! whatever... hows your class going??!"

"It's going.. okay. I just got my test score back."

"oh cool what did yoy get!? i bet it was a perfect score like always 😎"

"Ah.. it was a 96.. I'm really disappointed but I'm more upset at the teacher. He kept not showing up to class and that's probably why my grade isn't perfect."

"LMFAAOOAOOF"

"What?"

"sorry 96 flipped is 69 and thats reallt funny dont yout think??"

"I don't get it.. but whatever! I'm so done with that teacher.. I kept leaving class to go look for him but he never showed up.."

"ok who are we even talking about again"

"Mr. Russo, you know him right? Blue hair?"

"ohhh him ,, come on man give him a break he was just recently divorced"

"He should still prioritize school."

"OH MY GOD"

"What? I'm just stating the obvious."

"jannie that was mean!!"
"Okay, I'm sorry. I guess I'm still p-ed off."
"jannie you can say pissed off its a safe space, i've heard you say pissing before"

"Oh, right. Anyways, I need to be getting to class now, Russo might get suspicious of me."
"okay! see you later jannie!!!"
"Also, Miles I saw you this morning in the halls. Put on your blazer, do up your button properly and get to class."
"oooohhkay 😎"

Janzen then jumped as he heard the door of the boys bathroom slam. He heard 2 voices. "So Denis, what did you want to ask me?" Why did you spread rumors about me AGAIN? God, I can't believe this. People are going to start thinking I actually really did do what I did right in that cubicle!" As the voice said this, a bag slammed on the cubicle door next to Janzen. Janzen was very startled but continued waiting for them to leave. "Come on Denis, you know it's true!" A large sigh followed before the kid (Denis) picked up his bag and stormed off. The other person then followed Denis. Janzen finally left the cubicle and headed back to class. When he came back to class, Russo was nowhere to be found. Janzen thought about asking Denis about it but it didn't seem like a good time to ask. Janzen went back to his chair and took a seat, taking out his notebook and textbook. He began to study, right till the bell rang.

It was recess time and Janzen went over to the library to study. Janzen seemed to calm down from the whole test results thing, but is taking it as an opportunity to study harder than he ever has before. Meanwhile, Miles went over to the usual lunch table. "Hey guys, have you seen Jannie anywhere? He hasn't been eating here in a while.. Do any of you know where he is?" The lunch table was still very chaotic but one person answered him, it was Albert. "Man, you care too much about Janzen.. I think he's gone to study. His loss." Miles seemed slightly annoyed at Albert but didn't bother to fight him. "Okay, thanks. I'm gonna go there now." Miles was walking down the hall until he saw Elijah. Miles grumbled to himself but kept walking until Elijah bumped into him. "Woah man.. Sorry fellow sigma, that was my bad." Elijah then picked up the football that he was holding. "Also, I didn't see you in our math class Miles, were you skibidi-skipping class?" The longer this conversation went on the more agitated Miles got. "Yeah... whatever.. It's ok.. I'm just gonna go now." Miles said in an annoyed tone. "Wait! Before you go, the teacher told me to give you your paper if I saw you around, here." Elijah handed the piece of paper to Miles. It was folded so that wasn't really a good sign. Miles put it in his pocket. "Thanks man...." The words coming out of Miles' mouth felt very forced.