── skipping class incident

Walking to school, Miles struck up a conversation with Janzen. Miles was extra peppy because Elijah was nowhere to be found. "So... Jannie.. What lessons do you have today?" Miles did little finger guns towards Janzen. "Finger guns... that's new..." Miles laughed to himself. "You know me.. Always full of surprises!! Anyways, what lessons do you have today?" Janzen soon realized he just completely ignored Miles' question. "Oh.. sorry.. Well I have the usual; math, english, science you know..." Janzen suddenly seemed disgusted. "Jannie?? Are you okay?? Do you have motion sickness??" Janzen couldn't help but just blink at Miles. "I'm fine... and motion sickness doesn't occur through walking..." "Yeah yeah.. So what's wrong??" Janzen sighed heavily before continuing. "I have.. Language studies today..." He sighed again. "The whole scheme of work is stupid, I don't plan on ever using any other languages ever, and grading me on my pronunciation is just so... annoying! Gets me so P-ed off every time..." He grumbled to himself. Miles thought about what Janzen said and soon realized that it was because of his accent that he didn't get the grades he wanted. Miles felt like laughing but maybe this wasn't the time; he gave Janzen a pat on the back. "Come on man... it's okay!! I'm sure that you'll get through it!! But.. if you really don't want to..." Janzen looked confused and looked up at Miles. "Huh? What do you mean? Can I opt out of this horrible language curriculum? How?" Miles seemed reluctant to answer Janzen.. Unsure how he would take this small suggestion. "We could skip.... But IT'S OKAY IF YOU'RE NOT UP TO IT!! You don't have to... but I guess if you really wanted to avoid it..."

They were walking so Janzen stopping in his tracks made Miles slowly turn back. "Jannie? Come on man.. I said we- I mean you didn't have to skip.. I'm not a big fan of language studies either..." Janzen's head hung low whilst he stood, motionless. "No... NO!! JANNIE!! I'm sorry PLEASE COME BACK!! EARTH TO JANNIE!!" After a time that felt like forever, Janzen looked back up at Miles. "Okay. Let's do it. Language Studies is my third lesson today. Meet me outside my math classroom." Janzen then continued walking, calmly, right past Miles, who was stunned at the lack of reaction. He just followed Janzen all the way to school, the both of them not sharing a single word. Despite seeming so calm, Janzen was actually very, VERY, nervous. He was nervous, angry? His emotions were all over the place and he didn't know how to feel. The one thing he did know however is that it was a stupid decision to agree to skipping class. What about his perfect record? What if he doesn't graduate? What does the inside of Kreekcraft's office even look like?! So many thoughts were rushing through his head as he sat down for registration. He eventually just sat there, contemplating his options and weighing up the odds. Well, Miles skips a lot (he assumed, since Miles tends to be outside waiting for him after what seems like every lesson) so that means he probably has a lot of experience with skipping, and how to not be caught, so if he did agree then he would have an 'okay' chance of getting away with it. BUT.... skipping is strictly forbidden and goes against school policy... and could risk further delinquency in the futureANYWAYS Janzen was just very very anxious about the outcome of this whole ordeal. However, after evaluating absolutely everything he decided to stick to his plan of skipping; he wanted to impress Miles again, using the past "Shop Incident" as a reference and evidence that this may make Miles think of him differently.

"Jannie... oh Jannie!!" A familiar voice could be heard from the outside of the math classroom. "So you really are up for this huh?" Miles gave a smug smile to Janzen. "Yep... I'm ready.." Albert was walking by and gave them a strange look. That didn't sound right did it... Miles noticed and glared at Albert before saying. "ARE YOU READY TO SKIP JANNIE?" Janzen was caught off-guard before telling Miles to hush up. "Are you trying to get us caught?? What are you trying to do??" Miles quickly covered his mouth with his hand. "No, don't worry.. It was something else.. I'm sure we won't get caught.." Albert gave a mischievous smile and started laughing at Miles. He tapped Jake's shoulder and pointed at Miles, whispered something and quickly Jake started laughing alongside him. The both of them walked away giggling. Miles sighed but then quickly got back to his energetic self. "Come on Jannie! I'll tell you everything you need to know!" He grabs Janzen's hand and walks at a considerable speed. Janzen is quite surprised but lets Miles drag him... to the boys bathroom? "Miles.. Why are we here... you know there is so much bacteria and other microorganisms festered at every inch of this place right.." "Jannie.. When you skip.. You don't need to think all smart.. We just need a gameplan." Miles does his finger guns again. "That was completely irrelevant to what I was talking about but okay.. What's your plan then?" "SO!! We come out of the boys bathroom and we go out into the courtyard.... From there we go and hide behind the school!! Teachers are never really there soooo it's foolproof!" Janzen clapped his hands gently, not wanting to make a lot of noise but also wanting to show his enthusiasm. Miles grinned widely before talking again. "OKAY!! Let's do this then!" Miles peered his head out of the boys bathroom and looked both ways. He looked back at Janzen, who stood there slightly restless, and gave a thumbs up.