Part 27

Lin Jing and Gelan sat glued to the three screens watching the warehouse from different angles as Daqing led the team in and they hid behind some of the equipment. Gelan knew that the guards were there somewhere but they were out of sight, however she could see the crook who was trying in vain to write a letter which made her wonder if he actually was the writer, but he gave up and and went to look at his flowers before checking on his scorpions, and they had to warn Chu.

"Hide Chu, he's coming to look at his pets now." Jing shouted into the earpiece , almost deafening him. Chu dived behind a crate and was safely hidden just before the killer caught sight of his dead scorpions.

Lin Jing and Gelan had no sound on their monitors because there seemed to be interference from another source and Jing couldn't block it out. It was as if someone else was watching the same feed but the other person wouldn't have any sound at all. Jing and Gelan could only hear what was coming through the earpieces which was better than nothing, and they listened to Chu mumbling as he sat close to the floor looking after an imaginary wife.

"Yunlan, Chu's in trouble, he thinks you're the cause of his wife's death." Jing told him through the earbud.

Yunlan nodded and they watched as a guard appeared and gripped Chu by the shoulder before removing him from the warehouse. All Jing's views were internal, so they didn't know where he was taken, but at least he was safe, unlike Yunlan.

In another area, Daqing was slowly walking backwards away from something on the floor but all the scorpions were dead, Jing had seen them die in the tanks and he continued to watch as Daqing transformed into a predator and began to stalk Yunlan

"Yunlan, Daqing is a cat and looks as if he's hunting, I'm guessing it's you he's after."

Yunlan nodded because he was standing behind an illusion created by Shen Wei and he couldn't speak at the moment. On the middle screen, all they could see was their boss standing absolutely still and silent. They couldn't see the illusion taking place in front of the killer. Shen Wei was using the gift of confusion and showing him what he wanted to see, which was Chu killing Yunlan followed by his own suicide, because of the guilt he'd felt when he killed his friend.

Eventually Yunlan spoke, as the killer was walking away forcing him to stop laughing, and he turned around, but the two team members only heard one side of the conversation which made everything slightly clearer to understand. As they were listening to Yunlan, Daqing was prowling and getting closer and they watched him behind the killer on the screen.

"Say the phrase and see if it works on him, quickly." Jing said as he saw where Daqing was heading.

"Chu never liked me anyway, so it's not surprising he would attack especially where his wife was concerned, he was the jealous type, but Daqing was different. We were out for a drink last night, can't remember the name of the place, next time I see him, I'll say to him, Daqing do you remember being out for a drink with me last night, and he'll tell me the name ... Back to business, it's time you stopped. The bugs are dead, the plants are dying, we broke the lights, and I'm still alive."