Something About Fridays

NMPD:

The department was pretty busy during the end of the week. That's when most crimes would arise. Break ins, robberies, you name it. Detective Campbell was assigned to a homicide case. He rubbed his temple sitting at his desk in hopes of a connection revealing itself.

"You look like you need this more than me," a fellow detective offered up his coffee. "Still hard at work I see," he glanced over to the mess of papers that decorated Campbell's desk.

"I know I'm onto something Higgs, something big."

"How about you join me for today, a ride along. I got this tip that there's this new drug on the streets. Want to check it out?" Higgs sensed Campbell's hesitance. "Who knows maybe it'll help with your case," he persuaded nonchalantly.

Campbell gave in, "Alright," he says picking up his coat.

Campbell's POV:

As I sat down with my newly made partner, I berated him with questions as a remedy to my boredom.

"Why exactly does crime rate go up around here?"

"I don't know man, something about Fridays, just brings the freaks out," he answers nonchalantly.

"The drug you mentioned, what does it do exactly? Is it dangerous?"

"Not particularly, it's relatively harmless. Imagine pot in capsule form with just a little bit more kick. My informant tells me this is one of the places where most of the deals go down. All we have to do now is wait."

Avery's POV:

"Ugh, she just doesn't get it. How am I the bad person for protecting myself?" I groaned into my pillow while Oswin finished up our project. "I'm sorry here I am rambling while you're slaving away with our project.

"It's all good. Listening t-to you is quite entertaining actually," he chuckles.

"Glad my pain and suffering bring you joy Oswin," I threw the pillow at him.

"Se-seriously though why are y-you so pressed about this Brielle girl? I smell jealousy," he sang teasingly.

"You do know I have more pillows right," I threatened. "And I'm not jealous protective sure, but that's all."

"Why do you th-think she needs protecting?"

Maybe the fact that there's a psycho killer on the loose watching our every move.

"She might act tough but really, she's...sweet and sensitive and caring. She's all the things that I can't seem to be. I have to admit I do envy that. She makes it seem so easy, God, it pisses me off. Even so, she's just about the only good thing in my life. That probably explains the over protectiveness," I chuckled.

"Have you told her any of this?"

I rolled my eyes at his stupid question. What good would saying all of this do. Besides I'm not particularly good with words or...feelings. I'd just make a fool of myself.

"What do you think," I threw another pillow between his eyes. I'm gonna take a leak. Don't go sniffing through my panty drawers," I joked.

"No promises."

Campbell's POV:

It felt like I've been here for centuries. Centuries being forced to listen to Higgs and his randomness. The academy should seriously consider this as a form of punishment.