How To Catch a Killer

Camp's POV:

"So, how did it go?" I asked eagerly, hoping for the best. Higgs looked at me like he was about to tell a kid that Santa Claus isn't real. I took a deep sigh. So much for hoping for the best. He gave me a supportive but pitied pat on the shoulder as he made his way back to his desk. I clenched my jaw in frustration. I'm so close, and I'll be damned if I let this guy murder anyone else, knowing that I could've prevented it. Higgs knows better to not ask me where I'm headed. I trust he could conjure up a half decent excuse for me that'll give me some time.

"You must really love me huh, you keep coming back for more," Agnus gloats.

"Bugger off," I spat, resting my coat in its usual place.

"Is that any way to treat to your best mate," he attempted a posh accent but all he accomplished was blood drawing from my ears. "Did I do it right? Did I teleport you back to your childhood? Yeah I did," he answers for me with a grin. "You know I've been practicing, trying to do my best Detective Campbell impression. You wanna hear what I got so far?" Before I could reject, he gets into character. "Oi! Put your bloody hands in the air before I pop you!" I couldn't help but cringe at the sight.

"Well done mate, bloody fantastic. You should think about being an actor, yeah." I say sarcastically but knowing Agnus he took my praise to heart. "Enough with the gags, I need you to find where our guy lives."

"Couldn't you just confront him at school?" He asks puzzled.

"I would... if there was a warrant but-

"Oh shit," he gives a laugh. "You're gonna go all Batman on this dude. Right on man. Yo, that makes me Alfred. Funny how I'm the character with the British accent now."

"Yup, bloody hilarious. Can you find the location or not?" I ask impatiently.

"All right man geez. Give me a few minutes to work my magic. It won't be long," he assures.

Rowan's POV:

School was still in session, but it wouldn't be long before Ghost or should I say Dr. Martin returned. We scoped the scenery out before cautiously making our way over to the niche house. To no surprise the door was locked but that's never been a problem for Avery.

"This takes me back," I watch in awe as she jerks the doorknob with a bobby pin until a satisfying click sounded success.

"Still got it," she boasts.

The house wasn't anything like I expected. It looked as if no one truly lived here but rather a front for a decent home. There were no family photos on the wall which was weird considering he wore a wedding ring. Everything looked too clean to be true. The couches were fluffed not a single dent in the cushions. Not a single stain, evidence of late-night meals watching TV. There was a bookshelf that lined the wall next to the kitchen. It was filled with poetry and fantasy novels. I skimmed through one of the books and colorful marks filled the pages. There were little notes, thoughts of how it made him feel or slight of criticism.

"Hey, we're here for evidence, not book suggestions," Avery scolded.

"Right sorry," I placed the book back just how I found it. "There has to be something here," I walked around the house desperately looking for any sort of clue, but it was hopeless. We've been searching for quite a while and turned up with nothing. "I know how badly you wanted it to be him Rowan, but we can't keep searching for something that doesn't exist," Avery approaches with a defeated look on her face. "It's ok, we'll-"