I spy with my little eye

Avery's POV:

I've been racking my brain all day trying to figure out how or why Oswin would be involved with Ghost. What's worse is I didn't even see it coming. God, I'm such an idiot, and to think that I actually considered him a friend. This whole thing is messed up. 

I felt disgusted even having him over, having him in my room! I shuddered from the thought. "That's it, I need a redo," I say getting up from my bed. I started with the sheets, then the pillows, hell even the curtains. Everything needs to be different or else I'll always have this uneasiness in my chest. I moved the bed to the other side of the room which was easier said than done.

Next was my drawer, as I was moving it, I heard something fall to the ground. Inspecting the floor, I noticed a small black... bead? I picked it up for further inspection and my heart sank once I realized what it was. 

Staring back at me was the eye of a small camera. I dropped it in shock as thoughts raced through my mind. How long was it there? Was I being watched this whole time? 

I picked it up and angrily made my way to the bathroom. Dropping it into the toilet, I watched as it circled down into its watery grave.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and left the bathroom. Fueled with paranoia I began searching frantically throughout my house. Pulling up cushions, searching through cabinets, I searched until the house was upside down, but I found nothing. 

I slumped on the side of one of the couches, looking around at the chaos I created and couldn't help but to bawl my eyes out. I can feel myself slowly losing it and I'm not sure I could take much more of this.

Matt's POV:

The radio played loudly as Dominic drove us to... well I don't actually know where the hell we're going. He said it was a surprise, "spoken like a true killer," I thought to myself. We approached a brick apartment that looked like it was still going through some renovations. Nick dialed down the radio before promptly telling me that this was it.

"Is this your replacement for burning my house down?" I asked still unsure what we were doing here.

"Just shut up and get out of the car," he huffed.

I was stopped in my tracks as I approached the apartment steps. "Nuh-uh, this way Matty," he gestured to the side of the apartment.

Seriously, what is going on?

There were stairs that led to another entrance below. Nick took out a pair of keys and gave me a wink as he unlocked it. I followed him blindly inside the dark. One by one the beige lights came on with a melodic hum. 

"That's better," Nick smiles. The room was appropriately furnished, the walls smelt of new paint and the marble floor shined brighter than the lights. There were card and poker tables sprinkled across the room. Slot machines lined the walls. 

"Take a look at this," he headed to a separate room that was locked. Once he opened it I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There were enough guns in there for a small army.

"Nice huh," he gives a proud smile. "A buddy of mine owed me a favor. You know how I am about favors."

"What is all this? Are you looking to get yourself killed?" I scolded.

"Quite the opposite actually. I'm looking to feel alive! God being out of town was so painfully boring! "Do this Nick! Wait here Nick! You never listen Nick!" He raised his voice and each time I thought he was going to go over the edge. He let out a deep sigh in an attempt to calm himself. "Nah fuck that, I'm going to run shit now, me! Some like-minded friends of mine agreed to be a part of greatness. I think you're gonna like them. They'll be crashing here with us. Which reminds me, your room. It's upstairs next to mine."