Chapter 7: The Huntresses Arrive.

"So what did he say?" I heard Austin ask Will when I sat down for dinner I listened to what Will had to say.

"He said it wasn't anything for us to worry about," Will stated, as he picked at his food with his fork.

It's what I thought he would say. To be honest, I didn't have many high hopes in Chiron helping us. I guess it saved me the trouble of being further disappointed. Still, I continued to listen as Will continued to speak.

"He did say however that if it was all particularly worrying we could ask Lady Artemis when the huntress is coming on Thursday," Will said. The silence at the table was killed as our cabin was called to the fire.

Usually, I give away what I wouldn't miss that much on my plate. I can sacrifice green beans, broccoli, and even chicken or beef on some occasions. I don't usually hand over my favorites. Today I scraped off a good chunk of my mashed potatoes, leaving only a little bit for myself. I sent a prayer to my father, begging him to let us know that he was okay. If he was listening, I knew he would answer.

"He huntresses, Why are they coming in?" Kayla asked, picking at the little green beans on her plate.

"No idea, but Artemis is coming with them and we're supposed to be on our best behavior." I wondered briefly what that meant. I guess one would try to make the best impression when a Goddess was coming for a visit.

That night I didn't sleep much, every time I closed my eyes my ears would fill with the sound of running water and the melodic signing of a woman whose voice I had never heard before.

I assumed it was a vision, but I had no idea what to make of it. The next morning I was a bit groggy, and tired, yet that didn't stop Jodie from bounding over to me, brimming with joy and energy. Axel followed after her with his best look of 'I don't want to be here, but I'm doing my best to hide it'.

"We're putting on a play!" Jodie announced arms stretched with jazz hands. She was in paint and glue-covered overalls that seemed to have bits of sting and foam board stuck to them accidentally with hot glue.

"That sounds great," I told her before I thought it better to ask why exactly, "Wait, why are you putting on a play? what play?"

"Medea," She answered first. A greek tragedy, that was on brand for Camp Half-blood. "And we're putting it on, as a welcome to the Huntresses and Artemis."

I doubted that putting on Medea of all plays was the best to welcome Artemis, but who was I to tell the child of the God of theater that?

Instead, I smiled and said, "That's great, how did you convince Chiron to let you do that,"

"We didn't we got our dad to do that for us, and we got the Hermes cabin and Connor Stoll to help," Jodie told me with a bright smile.

If I were Jodie and the rest of her siblings I would have been incredibly suspicious about the Hermes Cabin's seeming enthusiasm about the play.

"Anyways, you owe me a favor," Jodie started, I furrowed my brows. "For punching Emily in the face and defending your honor?"

"Oh, uh, yeah, what can I do?" I asked rubbing at the back of my neck, I wasn't aware that had been a favor.

"I need you to play the part of Jason," Jodie told me.

"No, no absolutely not," I started, "first, I and stages do not mix well, second, you can't get me to play the part of a cheating, misogynistic, child murder,"

"Technically, Medea did the child-murdering," Axel corrected while picking at his blue nails.

Jodie looked at me with a pleading expression, "No come on please, you owe me."