Chapter Seven - Ocean

As the class progressed, students were experiencing a spectrum of success with their abilities. Some students struggled to grasp the techniques, their frustration evident as droplets slipped through their fingers or splashed haphazardly. A few were not able to conjure magic at all.

   Professor Kholsman's demonstrations of water magic were masterful, each movement fluid and precise. With each instruction, I mirrored the professor's actions, as if the water was an extension of myself. The cool liquid responded to my commands with ease, shaping and flowing as I directed. I was surprisingly adept at wielding the magic.

   As the lesson drew to a close, Professor Kholsman dismissed us for a brief break. Just as I began to stand, his voice cut through the chatter, calling my name. Heart racing, I made my way to his desk, the eyes of my classmates following me with curiosity.

   Professor Kholsman greeted me, his gaze appraising. "I am pleased with your performance today. Your aptitude for water magic is," he paused briefly, searching for the right word, "remarkable." Surprised by Professor Kholsman's unexpected praise, I found myself momentarily speechless. Unsure of how to respond, I remained silent. "Your proficiency suggests a natural talent. However, I anticipate there will be unprecedented challenges with the mix of your powers." His words caused a knot of anxiety to form in my stomach. "It may not be feasible to address those complexities within the confines of the first-year curriculum."

   I felt a surge of panic rising within me at the thought of being singled out, of my differences setting me apart from my group in a way that I hadn't anticipated. But Professor Kholsman seemed unperturbed, his demeanor steady as he outlined his plan.

   "I will be speaking to the Director about the possibility of rearranging your schedule," he explained, his gaze never wavering from mine. "I intend to place you in a Water Wielding class with a more experienced group, where your abilities can be properly nurtured and challenged."

   His words left me reeling, my mind racing with questions and doubts. But with that, he dismissed me, leaving me to ponder his words as I returned to my seat.

   During the break before the History of Hydra class began, the room buzzed with camaraderie as students mingled and chatted amongst themselves. Professor Kholsman slipped out of the room momentarily, only to return right on schedule, a piece of paper in hand. He approached my desk and he placed the paper in front of me, nodding to himself before making his way back to the front of the room and commencing the lesson.

   I picked up the paper, scanning the words on the page. My eyes widened in surprise as I read: Class Rotation AMENDED - Amelia Wright of Hydra.

Beginning August 3rd, proceeding until May 10th:

MONDAY - FRIDAY:

7am - 8:30am / Study Hall

8:40am-10:10am / History of Hydra with Professor Kholsman.

10:20am-12pm / Mathematics with Professor Newton.

12am-1pm / Lunch and Rest Period.

1pm-2:30pm / Magic Defense with All Professors.

2:30pm-3:00pm / Physical Conditioning with All Professors.

3:10pm-4:30pm / Water Wielding 3 with Professor Kholsman

SATURDAY: 11am-3pm / Arena with All Professors.