1.

You aren't a bender. You tried so hard to learn, but you just couldn't. So instead, you decided to start training with martial arts and a bow staff. You're father was an inventor of some sorts, and made you a kind of bow staff that could split in too and then become one again with magnetic pulls. You were strong enough and could hit hard while taking hard hits.  Life was nice.
Until he made something that blew up a part of your village.
You and your father were forced to live in a hut just outside of the village, and were not allowed in. You tried hard at hunting and fishing and all of those things, but it got hard sometimes, leaving you with one choice. Stealing from the village.
The first couple of times, you did try to pay. You really did. But the others living there always recognized you by the time you're about to pay for the items.
They normally just chase you out of the village, yelling things like "And stay out!".  You knew that they didn't actually hate you or your father, but you could tell that they were getting annoyed. I guess that's why they called upon team Avatar to try and capture you when they stumbled upon your village for a few days.

"Oh! I see a village! Do you think they'd let us stay there for a couple of days?"

"I'm not sure, there's no shame in asking though!"

"Alright! Fly us down there, Appa!"

Appa lands near the entrance of the village, letting the others get off.
The forest surrounding your village was beautiful to say the least. The trees were tall and provided a nice amount of shade. If you listened closely you could hear all the different animals that have made the forest their home.
Aang walked care free through the village gates, Katara and Toph at his side, while Sokka walks behind them with Momo on his shoulder. Sokka heard a twig snap when they were walking to the gates, so now he feels the need to be suspicious and continuously look around, just ready to whip out the boomerang.
While walking through the village, past all the different venders and huts, they got a lot of weird looks. Lots of whispering and staring as well. I mean, what would they expect? A boy with markings on his head, two siblings that seem to be from the water tribe, and a young blind girl isn't exactly what they're used to see walking through their village.
Eventually they came across a building with an inn sign out front. They walked in to see an older woman at the front desk, folding some clothing.
They walked up to the desk, and Katara asked for two rooms. They didn't have much money, but that wasn't a problem because when the old lady realized that THE Avatar was there, she gave them the rooms to use for as long as they need. (Any extra services were going to cost extra.)

Toph shared a room with Katara, and Sokka with Aang. Sokka knocked out pretty quick, Aang and Toph following soon after. Katara took her time getting to bed, it was a long day with all of them so it was understandable that she'd want some peace and quiet.
Not that quiet because you could hear Sokka snoring from the room over, but she took what she could get.
Katara planned on taking a trip down to the venders to see what they had in stock, hoping that the others would just want to stay here and rest, but we all know they'd want to explore the village.
These next few days should be nice.

First chapter done! You meet the others next chapter so I hope you'll stick around! I'll try to make chapters as long as I can, this one was short because it was an introduction to the plot, and because I'm ass at making the introductions long. Thanks for reading! <3