5.

In the forest, there was a lush clearing with a waterfall. It was calm and quiet. You went to this space every now and then when you felt like everything was too much.
And after what happened the day before, you needed that break.

You woke up early in the morning, when the sun was just peaking over the horizon. You slipped out of the inn, silently making your way through the village and out of the gates, mentally taking a note to thank Miss Ivy for letting you stay for the night.
It was a bit cold out, considering the sun wasn't fully up yet, so you walked outside of the shadows all the way to the gates.

It doesn't take long to get to your and your fathers cabin. You slipped in, carefull not to wake your dad. You tiptoed in, grabbed some sort of pullover, and then tiptoed back outside.
You pulled on the thin sweater, it was a bit more itchy than you remembered.

You took your bow staff in hand and started to walk away from the cabin, out into the forest. You knew exactly where you would go. You left some small carvings on the trees so you would always be able to find your way back.

Meanwhile

The sun had risen a bit more, waking the rest of the village up. Ivy woke up and walked out of her room and to the front desk. She looked over to the couch you wet sleeping on the night before, and saw that you weren't there. She knew exactly where you went.
Before she could fold the blanket back up again or put the pillow back in its place, footsteps were heard coming down the stairs. Not too long after, she saw the four enter the main room, they looked out of it. Well, except for the avatar.

"Good morning everyone." Ivy said, giving a tired smile to the others.

"Good morning Miss Ivy!" Aang practically shouted.
"Seems like someone has a lot of energy.." Katara mumbled before she yawned.
Ivy was planning on checking on you already, why not bring along some of your new friends?

"How would you four like to visit a waterfall this morning with me?" Ivy asked, sitting down in one of the chairs.
"That would be awesome! Come on guys! Let's go!" Aang ran to the door, Momo on his shoulder.
"Can we get some food first..?" Sokka grumbled as he and the others followed Aang.

A few minutes later, and they were trudging through the forest.
'It's too early for this.' Sokka thought as he tied his hair up.
"Why couldn't we have gotten something to eat before we left?" Sokka complained. He heard his stomach rumble.
Ivy reached up and plucked one of the fruits from the trees. She tossed it to Sokka. He would've preferred something like meat, but this'll have to do for now. Better than nothing, I guess.

They followed the small carvings on the trees until they heard the sound of rushing water.
Once the waterfall was in sight, Aang rushed to the basin of it, looking at the clear water.
Sokka had spotted you sitting on one of the rocks at the top of the water fall. Your eyes were closed as you took in the quiet.
He climbed his way to the top, sitting on a rock next to you.
Hearing the noises next to you, you opened your eyes to see Sokka. That wasn't what you were expecting. You would've fallen off the rock out of surprise if Sokka hadn't grabbed your arm in time.

You breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks....sorry."
"It's no problem." Sokka replied.

You both sat there in silence, looking out into the forest and at the others down below. The thing that broke the silence was Sokka's stomach growling.
A frown appeared on Sokka's face as he looked at his stomach.
'Oh come on! Why cant the fruit be enough?' He thought.
You chuckled, reaching into a sack in your pocket. You took out a piece of jerky and dropped it into Sokka's lap.
His eye's immediately light up at the sight. He took the jerky in his hands and gobbled it up fast, as if it was the last piece of food he would get to eat in a long time.
It make you laugh.

"Thanks."
"Mhm."

And done! I'm sorry for the short chapter, I apologize to anyone who is actually enjoying this book. I haven't had any motivation, so there will be slow updates lol TuT