Chapter 4

YOUR POV:

[A MONTH AFTER]

"Nanami, They said they're extending their stay for another day! you think something happened?.."

Haibara said as i sat on the bench while Nanami looked so irritated. He hated overtime anyway.

It's been a month. Satoru and I started dating, but we haven't told anyone about it. It was me who suggested it after that day he left my home with Geto senpai for an afternoon gathering. he protested but i insisted telling him that my father who has hidden hatred to the Gojo clan would use me against him in the future if it was known, but in reality i lied except for the fact that my father hated his clan.

I insisted just for the fact that i wouldn't want our relationship hinder him or what he wanted in the future, i wouldn't want to be the reason either why he wasn't able to reach that goal and for the fact that if he wanted to go for Geto senpai.. people wouldn't feel sympathy for me.

I'll just be the girl who likes him, not more than that. I'll look less miserable, and he wouldn't look more of a jerk for leaving me.

"What do you think they're doing?.."

I asked and looked at Nanami as i held on a can of cold coffee. We're still at the airport waiting in case something emergency happens and that if a transaction might happen.

"Who knows.."

Satoru hasn't come to my home either since that day, we were quite busy but at least he didn't forget to message me at night during his free time. Our schedule hasn't matched his, that it's already been a month i couldn't see his face even on weekends and this is the only mission that connects me and him but we're not able to see each other even. i miss him..

"What are you thinking?.. want to eat or something?.."

Nanami asked and sat beside me as he handed me a pack of sandwiches.

"Thought i might see him today.."

"They'll be back tomorrow.. you're gonna go see him?.."

"He didn't tell me to, but i forgot to get something back at the institute, I'll go pick it up and go home to rest.."

[NEXT DAY]

We returned to Tokyo but we weren't able to take the same flight as them. we got a later flight than them back to Tokyo. Just as i told Nanami, i went back to the institute, but i didn't expect him to accompany me as i felt Satoru's cursed energy from a distance. when we got to the institute, what i witnessed at the entrance of the institute was a disaster.

"A battle occurs, just as i expected.. knew there was something off at the airport.."

Nanami said.

Everything was destroyed at the entrance, and a lot of blood was on the floor. His curse energy residuals were everywhere, but i couldn't find him nor whoever owned the blood on the floor. i wouldn't want to worry for him cause i know he's really strong, but i couldn't get this heavy feeling from my chest go.

"Satoru?.."

I called and ran to look for him, leaving Nanami.

"L/N. Wait!"

"Satoru!!"

i called and called for his name as i ran, but it was to no avail. i couldn't find him until..

"L/N.."

i heard Geto senpai called me, i turned to look at him and saw he's injured that i ran to him to help him stand.

"Senpai.. Where's Satoru?.."

i asked as i cried, but he wasn't answering me and just looked down.

"I saw his cursed energy residuals at the entrance, but i can't find him.."