chapter four

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

I head to the cafeteria and see Felix sitting in our usual seats, eating his food

I walk up to our table and sit down beside Felix, before placing my bag beside my chair on the floor.

Felix looks at me with a smile, before narrowing his eyebrows, "What took you so long?"

He pushed a tray of food towards me, and I shake my head, "Sorry. Thanks by the way."

He shoots me a funny look but then nods and continues to eat his food, "So. What's your first impression on the new kid?"

I choke on my saliva as soon as I hear that name, "H-huh? Oh, him. He's okay, I guess."

I bite my lip, and stare down at my food.

"I think he's awesome. He's good looking too, and pretty good in studies. I think the girls in our class think so too."

I don't reply to what he says, and continue staring at the table.

"You've been poking that strawberry for three whole minutes now. Is something wrong?" Felix asks as he looks at me with concern.

yes. everything's wrong.

absolutely everything.

I smile nervously, "Yeah, I'm fine. I think I just... lost my appetite. I... I'm going to head back to class."

I look into the distance, and I could see Hyunjin sitting by himself in one of the tables. But there are a lot of girls sitting in the tables near him, just staring at him while he eats.

fangirls. not very amusing.

just seeing hyunjin's face breaks me. i don't know why.

probably because im the reason why he's like that.

Felix nods, "Okay then. I'll come in a few minutes." 

I nod back, and I pick up my tray and dump the leftovers into a trash can nearby and head to class.

i know, i was a bit harsh at him. 

i should probably apologize. i'll do it once school's over.

i don't know how to tell him.

hopefully, he'll forgive me, but i doubt it.

fingers crossed.

"Hey, hyejin." A voice interrupted my train of thoughts, startling me, and I jump.

I turned around, only to see Hyunjin standing there.

"Sorry I startled you, I know you told me not to annoy you, but-"

this is your chance hyejin.

"No, no. About earlier; when I said those things, I wasn't thinking. I realized I hurt your feelings, and I'm really sorry. I understand if you don't choose to forgive me-" my voice trailed off.

Hyunjin just stared at me in the eyes, without uttering a single word, and I stare at him back.

There's a twinkle in his eyes, and his eyes soften.

what is he doing? is he going to say something, or-?

i think i messed up. really bad.

this isn't going as planned.

i'm panicking, im pani-

Just then, Hyunjin wraps his arms around me, hugging me tight, making me flustered.

"Thank you. I forgive you, don't worry." He mumbled into my shoulder.

I laughed nervously and patted his back, a bit uncomfortable in the position, "Y-yeah, t-thanks. N-no worries. That's what friends are for, hehe."

woah, why am i stammering?

After what seemed like forever, Hyunjin finally lets go of me, "I'll see you in class then. I'm going to head to the restroom."

He shoots me a warm smile, and walks away.

I smile as he disappears into the hallways, "Y-yeah, s-see y-ya. Why am I stammering?"

what. just. happened?

what's going on? what's he doing to me?

I shake my head quickly, and Felix comes in out of nowhere like some kind of jack in the box, "What was that?"

oh no. he watched the entire thing?

"Oh yes, I did. Anyways, im third wheeling." He fakes a pout, and I guess I said that part out loud.

I glare at him, "That was so not what happened. I know what you're thinking in that brain of yours."

Felix smirks, "Oh, yes it might be."

"No." I deadpan.

"It might!"

"Might not."

"You never know."

"What I do know is that I'm going to slap you in the face."

"Okay, okay. Fine."

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

tiny chap T^T

i promise you next chapter will

be above 1k :)