why d'you have to be so cute? ─ judancy

title : why d'you have to be so cute?oc / pairing : jude holloway andnancy wheeler (judancy)trigger warning : none!

oc / pairing : jude holloway and
nancy wheeler (judancy)
trigger warning : none!

──────────── ✦ ────────────

She didn't know why she felt this way. Maybe it was because she was drunk. Maybe it was because she was forced to go to a party that she was weary of in the first place. She didn't know why she was standing in the corner of a room with a bunch of people. She didn't know why she was looking at her enemy in a way she had sworn not to.

Jude was across the room and wasn't paying attention. In fact, his attention was on one of his friends. Nancy watched as the two talked. Well, it was more like she was watching Jude talk. She was watching him like a hawk. Nancy didn't know what had gotten into her. But she was going to blame it on the alcohol. She was going to blame it on being drunk.

But she still couldn't keep his eyes off him.

Him in that stupid Indiana Jones costume. His long dark hair tied back in a low ponytail. That stupid hat he was wearing on his head. The beige pants, the white shirt that had been unbuttoned at the top. The smile he had on his face as he was talking to one of his friends. Why couldn't she get that type of smile?

Why did he have to be so cute? Why did he have to be so annoying? Why did he have to be so mean?

'No,' Nancy thought to herself, trying to shake away from thinking about the boy who aggravated her so much, 'You're here with Steve. You should be with him.'

But she couldn't move. By the time that thought had even transpired into her brain Jude was already looking over. Devious eyes now trained on her as he drank from the sodapop can he was holding.

Fuck.

Nancy felt like she was about to flip her shit. She practically gripped onto her red solo cup for dear life, not so much that it would crumble. She drinks the last of the spiked punch to gain the confidence she had lost within that moment. It doesn't really work too well. And the panic when Jude starts to walk over heightens even more.

"What's the matter, curly-fry? Not your scene?"

"Leave me alone, Judas," Nancy seethes, "Shouldn't you be with your loser friends?"

"Well, I should, but not when you're practically eye-fucking me," Jude responds with a sly grin.

"You wish," Nancy grumbled.

"No. You wish," Jude says, his voice lower. It makes Nancy's spine shiver.

Seeing the panic on Nancy's face makes Jude smirk. It fuels Nancy's anger while it fuels Jude's amusement. Nancy couldn't even stand the sight of him right now. She could never stand the sight of him. There was just something about him that just pissed her off.

"Cat got your tongue, curly-fry?"

"Shut your mouth. Shut it," Nancy grumbled.

"Or what? Gonna poke me with that stupid plastic knife you've got?" Jude laughed.

Nancy couldn't say anything else. She was too angry and too panic-stricken to even say anything else to him. The only thing she could do was shake her head and walk away, and Jude watches as frantically walks to the punch bowl.

Nancy Wheeler backed out. No response, no curse toward him. Nothing. She ran away.

( ── ♡ AUTHOR'S NOTE ! )

── this drabble is actually really old. it's been my notes app (but zo and tatum actually saw this one first last year!) this is a snippet of an unpublished fic called shakespearean tragedy!