hello, hawkins ─ lucille "lucky" dawson

title : hello, hawkinsfandom : stranger thingsoc / pairing : lucille "lucky" dawsontrigger warnings : none!

fandom : stranger things
oc / pairing : lucille "lucky" dawson
trigger warnings : none!

──────────── ✦ ────────────

SHE FINALLY GETS OFF THE PLANE. IT SEEMS as if she's not far away from home. But in reality, she was miles away. Without her parents knowing. Desperate to find a way out of the rich lifestyle that her mother and father valued. They valued it much more than their daughter's well-being. Which is why she is on the mission to find the person that she was looking for. The person that her mother seemed to be obsessed about.

When she stands outside of the airport, she takes out a piece of paper from her pocket and unfolds it. You immediately notice the bold letters. It's a piece of a newspaper. "Johnston's Journey of Emotions : A Court Case Ends in Tears of the Jury. " There is a picture. A tall man, curly dark hair and glasses stand in the frame.

A sigh escapes her lips as she travels on foot. She's used to it, even if she doesn't have to be. Being in New York, travelling on foot was much more favorable than being in traffic. Except, there wasn't much in Hawkins. Not yet, at least. But, Lucky eventually finds a cab, lands herself in a hotel for a couple of days before she moves to the next one.

While staying there, she still travels on foot. Small town, it's smaller than what she's used to. Lucky pretty much goes up to people, asking for someone, anyone if they knew this man in the picture.

No luck ... Ironic, for someone nicknamed Lucky.

After a couple of days, Lucky was seemingly starting to give up. How was it so hard to find this man? Unless he didn't live here like her English teacher said. But, at the same time, she had his daughter as a teacher, too.

If she finds the daughter, she'll find him.

Then, the opportunity fell in her lap. She's sitting on a bench, alone. Lucky still looking at the picture that she holds in her finger tips. She's zoned out due to how long she's been looking at it.

"Hey."

The curly-haired girl looks up. "Yes?"

"Can I sit here?"

Lucky moves her purse from the spot that it was sitting in. "Go ahead," she says back.

The girl has red hair, just like she did. You can tell it's dyed. The roots were showing. Lucky tried not to stare. She felt awkward, considering that she didn't know the person.

"I've never seen you around," the other girl said, "You new here?"

"Um, yeah. Yeah, moved here a couple days ago," Lucky answered.

Lie. She didn't even know if she was staying permanently. All Lucky knew was that she was going on some wild goose chase over someone who hadn't even been in her life. But she wasn't going to tell this girl that. Not yet, anyways.

"Welcome," the girl next to her replied, "I'm JJ, by the way."

"Lucky," she introduced, "It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too!"

The girls talk for a while. Lucky seems to take a liking to her. She's the most friendly person she's talked to since she's been in Hawkins.

The two of them started to get into the jitty gritty of things. Lucky found out that JJ moved here after her mom died, and that her dad wanted to move back here, his hometown to start over.

"Do you like it here?" Lucky asked.

"It's okay! I've made a group of friends. It's fine, for the most part," JJ explained, "It can get a little crazy, though."

"Like how crazy?"

"Like ... Spooky."

"Spooky ... Interesting," Lucky trailed off.

Lucky thought for a moment. They're a little nervous to ask JJ about the man in the picture. She didn't want JJ thinking that she was weird. She was just trying to find answers.

"The reason I came here is because ... I'm searching for someone," Lucky told her.

"We get a lot of people around here like that. That's not really surprising," JJ told her, "My friends, Vic and Rhia, they came looking for my stepdad. Well ... Future step dad."

"Really?"

"Mhm!"

Lucky looks down at the crumbled up piece of paper again. She finally unfolds it, giving it to JJ.

"Do you know who this person is perhaps?" Lucky questioned.

She hands JJ the paper. Lucky watched as JJ smiled, looking at the picture.

"Well, of course I do! That's my dad!"

Lucky's jaw dropped. "Wait, wait wait," she starts, "Stuart Johnston ... The guy in the picture. That's your dad?!"

"Yeah! That's my dad!" JJ repeats.

The wheels then in her head for a bit. JJ's eyes are slightly narrow, a confused expression now appearing on her face. As well as a smidge of a change in her body language. Protective mode.

"Why are you looking for my dad?"