Chapter 16

[Skara's POV]

As the sun rose on a beautiful morning in Elysium Haven, the air was filled with excitement and anticipation. Today was a special day - Athra and Zeiss, my daughters with Gus, were celebrating their first birthday. The house was buzzing with activity as we prepared for the festivities.

Dana, the nonbinary daughter of Emira and Viney, was already playing with Athra and Zeiss, their laughter filling the room. The three of them got along famously, their bond growing stronger with each passing day.

As we waited for the arrival of our friends and family, I couldn't help but feel a sense of joy and gratitude. Our little family had grown so much since Athra and Zeiss came into our lives, and I was filled with love for each and every one of them.

Suddenly, the door burst open, and in walked Amity and Luz with their three children - Lithia Willow, Anita Edalyn, and Octavian Augustus. The children's eyes widened with excitement as they took in the sight of the birthday decorations and the other kids playing.

"Happy birthday, Athra and Zeiss!" Amity exclaimed, her voice filled with warmth. Luz smiled, her eyes shining with pride as she watched their children interact with their friends.

The party was in full swing, with food, games, and laughter filling the air. Athra, Zeiss, Dana, Lithia, Anita, and Octavian played together, their laughter echoing through the house.

But then, trouble struck. A loud crash came from the kitchen, followed by shouting and crying. Athra, Zeiss, Dana, and the other children froze, their faces filled with concern.

I quickly rushed to the kitchen, where I found Willow and Boscha trying to clean up the mess from a spilled bowl of punch. Tempers were flaring, and it seemed like the party was on the verge of turning into chaos.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped forward and called for everyone's attention. "Let's not let this little mishap ruin the party," I said, my voice calm but firm. "We're all here to celebrate Athra and Zeiss' birthday, so let's focus on that and have a good time together."

Slowly, the tension in the room began to ease as everyone turned their attention back to the birthday celebration. Athra, Zeiss, Dana, Lithia, Anita, and Octavian started playing again, their smiles returning as they enjoyed each other's company.

As the day went on, the trouble from earlier was forgotten, replaced by laughter and joy. The party continued smoothly, filled with love, friendship, and the promise of many more happy memories to come.

And as the sun set on Elysium Haven, casting a warm glow over the gathering, I knew that our family was stronger together, ready to face whatever challenges the future might bring.