Chapter Eight

DALLAS POV

Everyones acting weird, mostly just soda and pony and sometimes steve but he's more a dork at best now that I think of it.

Ever since pony found soda and steve in the lot, pony been acting weird and sodas been avoiding me and steve... well he's steve.

For example, I asked pony if he and johnny wanted to go to the movie, pony loves movies but he said no, he said they were a waste of time. Pony boy never says there a waste of time; at that point he about to turn into Darry.

And soda... I dont know about soda, he trys to avoid me, sometimes darry if he asks any questions. Never pony though.

I wanted to ask soda what happened but never got a chance, there was either the gang or he left.

"What are you staring at?" Soda spoke up.

I guess I was looking at him when thinking, this is Probably a good time to ask too.

The gangs all at a science show for Ponyboy. I would go to but they wouldn't let me in cause of "crimal records", thought id blow up the school or somethin'.

And Soda was just not being himself lately.

"Soda, how come you avoid me"

"Who said I was avoiding?"

"No one.. but its clear to see you talk and hang out with everyone but me" I said, "you've been like that ever since pony found you at the lot"

"I cant say, youll be mad" He looked down ashamed, why would I be mad?

"If you drank im fine with that, did you?"

"Yeah.. but thats not the point"

He looked like he was gonna cry, I got up from the couch and walked closer to him by the stairs, "Sugar, im not gonna be mad, please just tell me whats wrong"

"I dont even know what happened myself.."

"What do you think happened plum?"

"I was drinking with steve and we passed out"
He stepped back and looked away, "and when pony found us.."

"What about that? Soda please tell me" I grapped him arm, "soda"

Soda just mumbled, all I could hear was 'broken mirror' I looked at him confused, he just looked back scared and wanted to cry.

"Soda, stop mumbling"

"Pony pointed at me and said I had a mark"

Steve? Since when did steve like soda. "Your lying, right"

"No, I didn't know" he looked at me, "Are you mad?"

"Im not mad sugar plum" I hugged him.

"What about steve?" He hugged me back, and looked up in worry.

"No soda"

"Promise?"

"Promise" He hugged me even tighter. I wish I could say I really wasn't mad.

———

Spicer 😍