Pilot pt.1

99th precinct, Morning Briefing, 8:31am

"Yes i did crack the case so, Santiago, would you do the honours?" Jake taunted Amy, referring to their little bet they had placed involving arrest numbers.

Amy sighed, Before getting up and walking to the front of the briefing room where the score board lies, Oohs and quiet clapping and cheering can be heard from the rest of the squad as she reaches the board and changes the numbers.

"I hate this" She mumbles

"Ah yeah, just gonna add one, Im winning-" Jake continues his taunt as applause can be heard from the squad.

"-It's a good feeling, It's a good feeling, Yeah"

"Enjoy it while it lasts" Amy retorted as she sauntered back to her chair.

"I Will!"

"JP, Update on the Morgenthau Murder?" The Sarge asked from the podium.

"Yeah!, Good news for all you murder fans." Jake starts, as he gets up and walks to the little table just of to the side of the podium,In-front of the TV, meanwhile quiet laughter can be heard in the background.

"Earlier this morning...Someone decided to shoot and kill, Luxury food importer Henry Morgenthau." He says while flipping through crime scenes photos on the TV using the remote.

"Body was found by the cleaning lady, During her interview, I deduced, Using expert detective work, That she had something super gross on her chin."

He then showed us a photo of the cleaning lady's chin with something, well...super gross on it, we all groan in disgust as we see the picture.

"I think it was flan." Charles says holding his coffee cup, as if he is about to take a sip.

"Charles thinks it was flan, I think it was butterscotch pudding." Jake relays while giving his own guess.

"Maybe it's just old person gunk, You know how old people always have that gunk on them" The beautiful curly haired woman states from next to me.

"Oldie gunk. Could be, yeah, Anyone else?"

"She just looks like she has a real bad pimple, like infected" i shudder.

Jake points and nods at me.

"How about we focus on the murder and not the old person gunk?" Terry shuts down the guesses.

"you won" I whisper to Rosa.

"yup" Is all she replied with.

"Crime techs are at the scene now, We're heading back when they're done." Amy informed Terry.

"Okay i want you on this, It's gonna be priority one for the new C.O" The Sergeant orders us.

"Wait, Tell us about the new captain" Rosa exclaims, just as i was getting up, so i sit back down, waiting to hear about the C.O.

"Captain Holt, will be here soon, He'll wanna introduce himself, Dismissed" Terry replies.

We all get up and move back to our desks in the bullpen to move on with the day.

•••••••••••••
3rd person pov:

An excited Charles makes his way over to Ginas desk and sits down in the chair next to it facing her.