Prologue

In 3rd POV:

A rhythmic tap-tap-tap of keyboard keys echoed softly against the extravagant leather. Seated comfortably in the back, a man of commanding presence hunched over his laptop, his attention fixed on the screen. The glow from the device cast an ethereal light on his chiseled features, spotlighting the sharp angles of his jawline and the intensity in his eyes.

In the dimly lit interior of the black luxury private vehicle, several vehicles trailed behind and ahead, their presence a silent testament to the importance of the man within. The vigilant and alert motionless escorts maintained a discreet distance, their eyes scanning the surroundings for any hint of threat.

He was a man raised to the highest standards of etiquette and honor, a gentleman in every sense. Yet, despite his polished exterior, a disdain for matters of the heart crept within him. Marriage, love, and the pursuit of romance were insignificance in his eyes, distractions unworthy of his attention.

From a young age, he had been raised to inherit his family's legacy and to uphold their name with pride and unwavering dedication. His priority lived only his family's future and their business empire's success. He had concluded that love was a foolish feeling that only served to complicate matters and cloud one's judgment.

He commanded attention wherever he went with his cold charm and captivating presence. Women swooned at the mere sight of him, drawn in by his mysterious appeal. Yet, he remained untouched by their advances, unmoved by their declarations of devotion. His name was whispered in hushed tones, his every move observed by those eager to glimpse the perplexing figure behind the polished face.

As the city lights flickered past, casting their golden glow upon the darkened streets, he pondered his return from another successful business trip. The night seemed to radiate with guarantee, its brightness mirrored in the towering skyscrapers that loomed overhead.

For him, the night was just like any other, so he followed his purposes, his thoughts consumed by matters of business and method. He believed he had reserved his way with certainty, convinced the path ahead would be free of romantic traps.

But fate had other plans.

Little did he know that the night would begin a journey questioning everything he thought he knew about himself. Little did he know that something would come knocking at his door in its most unexpected form, threatening to unravel the carefully constructed walls around his heart. Little did he know that his world would be upside down in ways he could never have imagined.

•••