1 | DREAMS

I feel my lungs burn and my legs are becoming numb

I feel my lungs burn and my legs are becoming numb. I can't keep running, but I can't stop. I don't want to find out what would happen if I stopped, but my body is slowly betraying my mind. I can hear thousands of different voices whispering everywhere. 

It's like I can feel their whispers trying to drown me in words. I take a turn to the left, then to right, then right and left and then over and over again. Is there an escape? Have I been running in circles? 

I hear quiet, slow footsteps behind me. He is walking, while I am running faster than I ever could, but he keeps getting closer. I feel his presence. I can smell danger radiating from him.  

I swear these dark hallways are endless. 

"Where are you running, darling?"

I hear that deep, raspy voice again and my heart is painfully hitting my ribs. 

"No, no, no no, please, let me go"

"Oh, but why would I?"

This faceless man has been torturing me for weeks. I am dreaming, but I know this is not just a dream. Whenever I wake up, the burning of my lungs, the tiredness, the fear is still there. The only thing gone is his voice. 

First, he made me watch him kill dozens of people. Then, I started dreaming running through this endless maze of black hallways. Then, the real torture came. He began chasing me for his own fun. He seems to absolutely love making me fear for my life. Although he never said anything about what would happen once he caught me, my instincts are telling me that I don't want to stop running.

I can't run anymore.

I trip and fall catching myself on my hands. I have to get up. I have to keep running. I have to survive. The footsteps stop just behind me.

"What's wrong love? Can't handle it?"

I widen my eyes as a cold blade is suddenly pressed on my neck.

I wake up, trying to breath. I am sweating like crazy, but the sweat is ice cold. My legs and arms are shaking and trembling.

"Adrienne, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, its nothing, just a bad dream, don't worry"

Nothing my ass.

The faceless man is slowly killing me. I get up as it's already time for me to get ready for class. The whole morning is covered in fog. After these nightmares, it takes me a few hours to get back to feeling normal. As every time, it was Vivian who made me feel like a person.

Vivian is my best friend of six years. I met her on my first train ride to Hogwarts and I found a sister in someone not blood related to me. Nothing can stop me from loving her and our friendship.

However, there is something that keeps trying to separate us. I am a slytherin and Viv is a hufflepuff.  And as a bonus, that is not the only reason I am not respected in my house. My parents were death eaters who betrayed the dark lord and they were both killed by Voldemort because of that. 

"Girl, you okay? Daym, are you on drugs or something?"

She barged into the bathroom on the second floor, which has been our hanging out place since our first year. 

Why did no one prepare me for the honesty of hufflepuffs?

"I wish I was. Couldn't sleep."

I say as I lay my head backwards a bit, onto the wall I am sitting against. She sits onto the floor next to me and throws her bag beside her. 

She doesn't say anything, which confuses me so I look at her. She is already looking at me with a concerned look.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yeah, Viv" I say quietly, my voice breaking at the end.

She softly smiles at me, but I know she isn't nowhere near convinced. She is so damn gorgeous. She has curly, light blonde hair which goes down to her shoulders. Her eyes are a beautiful shade of sage green. She is usually very pale, almost like a vampire. Her whole appearance is very soft and fragile looking, but after meeting her I got to see how strong of a person she really is. 

However, I can't tell her for the man in my dreams. He is just a dream, I shouldn't even care about those nightmares this much anyway.

Oh and hey, did you hear the news

I look at her confusedly, slowly shaking my head.

There are new students coming in Hogwarts tomorrow. Also they are going to be the same year as us.

Great.