Prologue

It's been two whole years since I was brought back. For an artificial intelligence without any "emotions" I'd consider myself the happiest car on earth. I have my family back, along with some new members I've discovered. Susan and Bowie are in talks of getting married

(I hear everything through that dandy little watch of hers) and I've also heard discussions of moving out and into an actual house. I worry that I'll end up in Michael's car collection on display for the rest of my life, like Karr, but I still believe that even after all these years he still deserves to punished. I suppose he is family, so I can't hold my grudge forever. I picked up on the door to the garage of the apartment building opening through my scanner, and was able to barely trace out the figure of Susan through my infrared.

"Susan, it's late. Why are you not in bed?" I softly asked, hearing my own robotic voice echo from the walls of the garage.

"Kitt, promise me one thing." Susan began, her soft voice sounding almost like Bonnie's. She slid inside my cabin.

"Of course Susan. Who would I tell? Your Tesla?" I decided to add humor to the moment, realizing the negative tone in her voice.

"I'm pregnant" She choked

I felt all my systems lock up. This was not information my data banks were used to hearing everyday. I tried to generate a response quickly, but I couldn't. Nothing but the bare sound of classic fax machine noises filled my "mind".

"Oh my." Was the only thing I could utter, then I was able to generate a question. "Does Boey know?"

"No, I just found out. Bowie's asleep. I woke up and I started feeling a bit sick, and we've been... Active."

I did a quick scan on her, just to ensure that she was in fact pregnant, and not a false alarm. As I suspected, her womb had the beginnings of a new life inside

"Congratulations Susan." I said, with as much satisfaction as my automated voice could muster.

"Can we go to Bonnie, Like now?" Eagerly, the girl asked.

"Would you like to drive?" I asked as I started my engine for her.

"Nah, I might fall asleep, it'll be safer if you do."

"Alright"

I allowed her to relax, knowing this would be one of her last days in the next few nine months that she would feel relatively normal. I drove as softly as I could, not to disturb her. I suppose one could say that I felt what most people describe as loneliness driving to Bonnie's house that night. Luckily for me, the distance wasn't very, and we arrived in no time.

Pulling into the driveway, I softly awoke Susan. "Susan, we're here."

I watched as her sleepy eyes opened softly, then she left me alone again. It's a feeling I am used to. I myself began to commence sleep mode when I got a sudden ping from her watch.

"Kitt! She's dead!"