Chapter 3: Old Scars

Susan and Bowie had waited outside for me. As I approached (I had left though the garage door in the loading dock) I noticed some light chatter among the two.

"What do you think we ought to do with Kitt?" Susan said gently.

"Well we can't just get rid of him...Do you think maybe Micheal will take him back?"

"Maybe, I just worry that something else will happen to him.. and we won't be able to fix him."

"Don't you want him to be in the baby's life?"

"Yes, but, what if he gets into another accident? That would be absolutely devastating to the poor kid."

"Excuse me?" I broke that chatter, starting to get annoyed by the topic.

"Oh... hey Kitt! How much did you hear?" Susan questioned with a fake enthusiasm.

"Enough to know I'm unwanted here," I answered, starting to back up to make the turn away from the couple.

"No, that's not what we meant... Wait!" Bowie exclaimed, almost chasing after me.

I accelerated out of the Foundation building. I should have known better. Whenever Micheal found a girl he wanted to get out with, he always pushed me out. I should have known it would happen with Susan as well.

I noticed another car closely following me, then pulled over when I recognized the driver.

The Charger followed me onto the shoulder, then the driver popped out when we had both made a full stop.

"Kitt, what's up? It ain't like you to run off man." RC3 questioned, as he came up to my driver's side window.

"They want to get rid of me..."

"What...?" He said, puzzled and surprised.

"They're worried that if I'm a part of their child's life, that I would get irreversibly damaged, and devastate the poor kid."

"Kitt I'm sorry that's... that's awful!" He exclaimed sympathetically.

"I just don't know RC... It seems as if I cannot do anything to satisfy them"

"Kitt, I'll make you a deal. If you go back and try that reason with them, and they still don't want you, I'll take you,"

"RC, that's a lot to ask. Especially for a car like me, I cannot allow you to do that."

"But I want to, please?"

" Am I not Micheal's property?"

"Didn't he make the choice to give you to Susan?"

"That's fair, I'll go find Susan."

"Atta boy, thanks Kitt."

"Of course"

As he went back to his car, I pulled off the shoulder, to go find Susan.

I first went back to the foundation building. But it was deserted. Not a car remained, but it did give me some time to ponder with myself.

"How's Susan still alive?" I thought. Though I may be one of the safest cars on earth, I have one major design flaw. My molecular bonded shell. It's a basic rule that an object in motion will remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. In this case the outside force would be the semi, but this rule also would apply to Susan. Here's where the issue with my molecular bonded shell comes in. I hardly absorbed any force from the accident, If I did, I would have crumbled. Think of how they design safer cars. They are designed to crumble so that that driver and passengers won't take as much force, basic laws of physics. Susan, in theory should have been further maimed then shaken up. I fear, it should have most likely caused a miscarriage